Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 02:50 PM

908 posts, read 1,555,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Trips View Post
Real bright.....The pole is owned by the utility company and charges can be brought against HIM for damaging their property. Must admit, in cases like this, Colorfulchick makes a good point...
Aww, why thank you Cpt. Trips. I'm honored to have your approval. Easy, I'm not being sarcastic. This is just some much needed lightheartedness, old head.

You make a good point too. The last thing anyone wants to do is go tit for tat with a person who has no respect for the property & lives of others. When my neighbor was blasting his music enough for me to hear every word as if I were playing it loud in my house, my friends told me to do the same when he slept(which was all damn day!). He and his friends were also going outside in their 'tighty whities'(landlord at least stopped that, but did nada about music & TV).
Our kids were very young at the time, and I was going through some serious health troubles, which had me fatigued & in pain. My husband was always at work because I couldn't be at the time, which made me more irritable and less inclined to be civil with this old teenager of a neighbor(he was pushing 50!).
I was tempted to buy loud speakers just to blast them at 7 AM, when the dope head & his druggie buddies fell asleep. I gathered myself, and made a pros & cons of doing it. Being afraid of retaliation didn't thwart me because I can fight harder. Going against my own moral code, and behaving like a juvenile imbecile did. I couldn't set the example for my children, that you repay oppression with oppression. Justice is not won by being underhanded & corrupt.
Plus, getting into a back & forth with nuisance neighbors can & will discredit you to police and the judge, if you should end up in court.
Gathering the neighbors against the nut, as mentioned by others will help strengthen the case. As will checking ALL local laws & ordinances, and video/pics. I don't say this to be discouraging, but you may have to get really firm requesting citation of municipal laws. Some "officials" are reluctant to tell you because they don't want to end up doing paperwork. They should be readily available on each municipality's website and at the library, though.
I hope everyone's bad neighbor terror is over soon. Good night all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 04:59 PM

3,978 posts, read 2,354,665 times
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I sent an email to the DA to see if I get a response. In the meantime, I ran across this article Police: Property Line Dispute Leads to Pushing, Baseball Bat Threat - Nazareth, PA Patch

I think I may video tape my boundary this weekend based on this article. Right now he has put fence posts and cut trees on my property. I want to toss them but then it will be another blowup so I am laying low. He wants me to fight him and I can't. He knows it. Slow wheels of justice here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania