Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 06:53 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,130,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
Wow! I guess I judged your ago a little 'off' by the fact that you are retired!
That's an impressive list of hobbies and interests!!! Good for you!! Where do you find the time to do all of that?
Of..."Feris Buehler...you're my here!" Just love that guy! Love the parade scene....
well I just retired after 20 years, just started with the wine making and when the weather breaks will be busy,where do I find the time you say...I now have all the time in the world, I'm retired, thanks for your good wishes..It wasn't easy 20 years NYC LAW ENFORCEMENT but it paid off, I was hired in my 20's, retired in my 40's not bad...thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 02:32 PM

15 posts, read 50,680 times
Default First Friday is going to be great this month.

The First Friday line up is great this month. With the always popular Rachel Dare showing at the new Eden Vegan Cafe, Jason Reidmiller showing the usual at Anthology, and the Jess Confer and Matt Artz (http://www.biomegatech-hosting.com/beneath-the-global-textures-of-life/beneath%20the%20global%20textures%20of%20life%20bl ue%20flyer.pdf - broken link) show at Northern Light Espresso bar. The last is unusual in that they are donating a portion of the proceeds to the Panamanian Hacienda La Esmeralda social program, which provides yearly scholarships for children to attend school.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:53 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,098,909 times
Right and these people are who?

Old 11-06-2008, 03:42 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Right and these people are who?
They're probably up-and-coming artists. People probably said "Who's Sarah Palin?" not too long ago too.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:46 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,349,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Flame View Post
I am a 26 year old student in Scranton. What is there to do here besides go to the bar and get drunk? That scene got old to me so there is nothing I belive to do. I would like to find things to do that don't cots much money. Any ideas?
I go to New York City alot!!!!

Old 11-06-2008, 06:11 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,767,542 times
Red Flame...the OP...hasn't been on this message board since May 2008.

Never heard of First Friday...perhaps it would have been a great idea to start a new thread with the information.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:13 AM

858 posts, read 3,044,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
I'm from NEPA but I live in Fla now. people say the same thing here as well. Nothing to do but get drunk. It is a lack of creativity you need to address. You live in the mountains, that right there offers hours of stuff for free. hiking, photography, camping ect. You can drive to NYC or Philly for a day trip to go to museums or see historic places.

One of my favorite things to do when I lived up there was to find new places to hike. I loved hiking in all types of weather. I would do the state park i would do bald Mtn, devils kitchen ect. there are novice hiking trails all over. Its outdors, exercise and chicks dig it.

Sure tell the kid to drive to NY & NJ, by the time he gets back.... He wont be drinking anymore but doing drugs!!

Stay out of NY, & philly!! Go for a nice walk in a park or something....

Old 11-07-2008, 07:16 AM

Go buy a kayak and or a bike and get out of Scranton see the region.......You cannot believe how people refuse to believe that we have Bald Eagles in our area.

There is a Class A trout stream with trophy trout sections right here in the middle of the city

Old 11-07-2008, 07:18 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,584,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Go buy a kayak and or a bike and get out of Scranton see the region.......You cannot believe how people refuse to believe that we have Bald Eagles in our area.

There is a Class A trout stream with trophy trout sections right here in the middle of the city
Whereabouts? The husband has been looking for a good place to go trout fishing...and he doesn't mind driving a bit.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:22 AM

The lackawanna river anywhere from Archbald down to center city Scranton.....The better areas are in Olyphant, Jessup and the Lower Greenridge area.....Native trout to 24" are not uncommon right in my neighborhood. As stewards of the river we try to incourage catch and release to protect the native stocks for future generations....If we don't protect it no one will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania