Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 08:14 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,182,193 times

Advertisements

Just came from Nay Aug Park in Scranton and they had a really great Christmas light display. You can see lights by either driving or walking, best of all, no fee, but they do ask for a donation.

I thought I would include other area places that have really good Christmas light displays(feel free to add on to the list).

Reading Area(Still our favorite and so worth the trip!)
Welcome to Koziar's Christmas Vilage

Allentown:
Lights in the Parkway

Bethlehem:
The whole city!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 06:23 AM

51 posts, read 330,769 times
Thanks for posting this.
I look forward to checking all 3 out

Old 11-24-2007, 07:34 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
While driving my partner back home last night along I-81 Northbound in Scranton, a large illuminated "REJOICE" sign caught my eye facing the highway from Nay Aug Park. The sign made me reflect upon the joy of the Christmas season, and I've already promised my partner that he and I will head up to the park to check out the display the next time he's down in my area after dark. The ride home southbound on I-81 was made brighter when I glanced over the city skyline and saw the Scranton Times tower's Christmas tree brightly shining down on the city below.

Bethlehem and Berwick are also both noted for going all-out for the Holidays. My uncle and his partner live in Fountain Hill, and we went to visit them about two years ago during Christmastime. We browsed around the Moravian Book Store and strolled the festive streets of the city. It truly was a fun time; it's a shame they're moving soon to Washington, DC. This year might be the last time we can stay overnight and experience this.

Old 11-24-2007, 08:11 AM

996 posts, read 3,277,723 times
Hersheypark is has a great drive-thru light display in the area across from the park called Sweet Lights. Also, the park is open and called Christmas Candy Lane.

Also, I think Knoebels Amusement Park does something special for the holidays.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:07 AM

414 posts, read 1,779,130 times
Jim Thorpe should be on the tour along with Bethlehem; J-T is charming at Christmas time, lights atmosphere, then on to Bethlehem. or vice-versa......

Berwick has seen better days. When I was a kid it was sumthin'. We went to "Christmas Boulevard" annually, as tradition. last time I went thru it had lost much of its luster. The manger was getting mangy, sad to say....It would be great to see it restored fully!

Old 11-24-2007, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentown View Post
Hersheypark is has a great drive-thru light display in the area across from the park called Sweet Lights. Also, the park is open and called Christmas Candy Lane.

Also, I think Knoebels Amusement Park does something special for the holidays.
I can't believe I forgot Hershey Park, they do have an awesome display. The park has many rides open and it is only 9.95 for admission. If you go to Hershey, you need to make a side trip to Koziar's in Reading. I'm a bit sad because my wife is 8 months pregnant and can't stand being in the car for more than a 1/2 hour, so I doubt we will see either of these places this year.

Hersheypark Christmas Candylane (http://www.hersheypa.com/events/christmas/candylane/ - broken link)

Last edited by Lehigh Valley Native; 11-24-2007 at 01:13 PM..

Old 11-24-2007, 01:17 PM

Bethlehem link:
Christmas City - Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

They have something called liquid fireworks, which looks pretty neat.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:26 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehigh Valley Native View Post
I can't believe I forgot Hershey Park, they do have an awesome display. The park has many rides open and it is only 9.95 for admission. If you go to Hershey, you need to make a side trip to Koziar's in Reading. I'm a bit sad because my wife is 8 months pregnant and can't stand being in the car for more than a 1/2 hour, so I doubt we will see either of these places this year.

Hersheypark Christmas Candylane (http://www.hersheypa.com/events/christmas/candylane/ - broken link)
Oh Hershey is to die for at Christmas. That little town area has the most gorgeous lights high into the trees. The reindeer are there.........Yes, almost the REAL ones. Live and in person.
There is the cutest stores and it is just awesome. Plus, you can tour inside before it gets dark.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Oh Hershey is to die for at Christmas. That little town area has the most gorgeous lights high into the trees. The reindeer are there.........Yes, almost the REAL ones. Live and in person.
There is the cutest stores and it is just awesome. Plus, you can tour inside before it gets dark.
And the hot chocolate is yummy. I use the same recipe at home that they do at Hershey Park, but it never tastes the same.
The last time I was at Hershey for Christmas was two years ago. At that time they had real live reindeer in the park. I wonder if they still have them.

Old 11-24-2007, 06:22 PM

996 posts, read 3,277,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehigh Valley Native View Post

The first time we went to Hershey for Christmas was when I was eight months pregnant with my second daughter (12 years ago!). I think we are long overdue for another trip to Hershey, as I have heard it has gotten much bigger and better over the years.

BTW, good luck with the new baby. When is he/she due?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania