Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 03:55 AM

114 posts, read 127,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
Well Thank goodness that the 'poorly educated' can still be smart and the 'highly educated' will sometimes remain extremely stupid.

Oh, these posts as so fake, I don't know why I even told you that you were in for a surprise. I have never heard the phrase 'Rust Belt' used by more than one person.

Thorwing a 'ya'll' in your post every sentence or two does nothing to mask the fact that you are a troll.
If you have only heard the term "Rust Belt" by one person, you must not get out much.

Manufacturing Belt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is one thing to actually be distrustful of me solely because of my interests, it is a completely different matter to spew venom because I have no desire to live around uneducated people. I am sorry if that struck a nerve with you . It is just my choice.

So basically you think I am fake because a use the term "y'all" (common Southern vernacular), becuase I have a desire to live around like-minded people with similar educational attainment (again, pretty common), and lastly, because I am only the second person who you have come across who has used the term "Rust Belt."

Sounds like a bunch of weak of arguments that completely and utterly overshadow the fact that you are bitter because of my locational requirements.

You are another person who I have been nothing but nice to. You, however, have chosen to be nasty in return.

Regardless of whether or not you think my post is a "flame," as long as I get positive feedback from one or two posters, I will keep returning.

At first I was taken aback from the harsh nature of a couple of responses I received from my first post. I then took the time to look back over older posts on the subforum, seeing that there is a general bitterness and anger amongst a few select members here.

I am not leaving this subforum because of your nasty, repetitive posts. So, if you want to waste your time and energy telling me how fake you think I am, go ahead. My posts are real, and I will continue to be an active poster on this board well after I move into my Victorian in Scranton.

Have a great night !

Old 11-25-2007, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
Everybody was driving the same tacky, washed up black BMWs, bless their hearts. I drive a Mercedes truck, but I am not living out of my means to pay for it!

How do you know all of them are living beyond their means to pay for these Mercedes? BTW, my cousin lives there and she doesn't drive a Mercedes, so not everyone there is driving one.
Everyone meaning a lot of people. I saw a lot of BMWs being driven around. The median income of Scottsdale is not even $60,000/year, but the number of luxury cars, plastic surgery victims, and general snootiness was astounding.

Old 11-25-2007, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post
Nobody real from another area of the country would care to post as you do if you weren't an imposter. Just please stop this nonsense in the forum.
So sad . You have such little faith in your community that you think nobody would be willing to move to Scranton.

Looks like you are wrong.

Old 11-25-2007, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehigh Valley Native View Post
That is the problem, you shower people with niceness, but you are not really nice. Mocking people who are uneducated in an earlier post is not a mark of being nice.
Also, you seem to like throwing out the God Bless. Being condescending towards those you mock driving BMW's is not very religious.

I keep replying to your posts, because as you must, I find it mildly amusing. Please hold the mushrooms on the next order.

Thanks!
I have never "mocked" anyone. I merely stated that I do not want to live in an area with uneducated people. That is not mocking.

We all have our faults. I have mine. If you have been offended by comments in any way, I apologize.

Old 11-25-2007, 06:36 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,729,877 times
This is enough. Stop it, all of you.
Thread closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania