Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2007, 10:35 AM

40 posts, read 124,719 times

Advertisements

Hi! Anyone live in Masthope or know anything about the community? We are looking for an area to retire and Masthope website looks great! Any information about the community would be greatly appreciated! Also, can anyone tell me how far things likes doctors, veterinarians, etc would be? Thanks all!:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 06:24 PM

102 posts, read 326,113 times
Hi,

We are moving to Masthope on 12/27. We have been up there a few times and the community looks beautiful. Plenty of amentities, roads are good, houses are beautiful. We have been checking out local drs., hospitals, dentists, grocery stores, etc. and they all seem to be about a 1/2 hr. drive to Honesdale and Hawley. I'll let you know more info. when we get up there and settled. Good luck!

Old 12-06-2007, 01:02 PM

Smile Hi GirlsMom

Hi GirlsMom!

Thanks for the information. We are going up there tomorrow to actually look at the community. I fell in love with the website and it looks like a great place. Please let me know how you like it. You can email me at gbidwell@optonline.net if you would like. Just think, we might actually be neighbors some day!

Old 12-06-2007, 01:48 PM

Hi, I am going up there tomorrow myself. My girls are taking a tour of their new schools plus we are going to stop by the community to check on the house and show the girls the lake, lodge, pool, stables, ski area, etc. and grab a bite to eat at the lodge.

Just to let you know there are 2 sides to the community. One is Falling Waters which is where we are. Then there is Masthope Rapids which is the side that the lodge/ski area/pool is on. I was told the houses on the Masthope Rapids side are older homes. If you stop by the office near the lodge you can ask for a map. It is a big help for us when we go up there.

That would be pretty cool if we ended up as neighbors. You never know.... I will definitely let you know how we like it when we get up there. Good luck tomorrow. I hope you like it.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:28 PM

82 posts, read 317,951 times
Default So folks- what's the ratings?

Hey, wondering what your thoughts are on it. I've watched this community too. Dues are high- but great amenities.
How cool was it?
Thanks.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:54 PM

Smile Masthope

Hey Guys!

I have rented a house in Masthope for a few days just to get the feel of living in the community and to try to persuade my husband that it is a great place. The dues are a little high, but after checking around, most of the communities that have the good amenities run about the same. I will let you all know what we think of it.

Old 02-20-2008, 06:25 AM

Hi Charlene!

I have been meaning to e-mail you to see how you were doing. Let me know how you like Masthope? Still trying to sell our house down here. We are lowering our price (again) today since we are sick of this whole process and just want to get it over with. Hubby's route is changing soon and the sooner we move up there the better for him.

Thanks and have fun!
Sue

Old 02-27-2008, 01:45 PM

Default Hey Sue!

I'm so glad to hear from you. I'm sorry for all of the trouble you are having. My real estate friends tell me that February is the worst month for selling a house but that sales will pick up in March and get even better in April. I just heard on the radio that interest rates will be dropping a little again, so this should help you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Afterall, we are going to be neighbors soon!

Was the builder able to hold your house or do you now have to go through the whole thing again? My mother always said everything happens for a reason, so maybe it just wasn't time for you to move yet and things will just work out even better for you in the long run. I know it's hard to believe that now, but my mother (rest her soul) was always right.

Keep me informed and best of luck!

Charlene
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania