Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 02:02 PM

190 posts, read 286,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Where is the white counterpart of Ron Felton? Why don't other whites have to answer for the crimes of their fellow whites?

WB & Luzerne County residents do pay for the crimes of their fellow whites.

e.g.

His white counterparts are the greedy pigs that pocketed $6 million via CityVest/Hotel Sterling scam.

The fact that there is still not (probably never) state or federal indictments against that gang amazes me.

I'd have their knees broken until they gave up their offshore account #'s.

WB? FIXED? hahaha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 04:54 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I'm curious why you think Ron Felton should talk about black crime but no one has to talk about white crime. Double standard?
When the murder rate reaches 200+ I'll be the first to be yelling at the top of my lungs, matter of fact it on;t have to get past 5 before I'll begin to start yelling. Do you have any idea how high that rate is? Without any exaggeration that's an astronomical rate by any standard including third world countries.

Old 04-14-2015, 07:23 PM

335 posts, read 325,223 times
I always enjoy watching the Liberal ones argue and become defensive the second a person posts the statistics of who is actually committing the crimes and the percentages of each. Moving forward, Can anyone imagine what a catastrophic event it will be if the rail connection to NYC actually comes to term? You can seriously kiss the future, if any, of the city good by. In closing, I'll offer up a comparison that may shed some light on where some of the problems stem from. Drug problems and addiction reach into every town and city in America. It ignores race, religion or social and economic stature. However, the violence, use of fire arms and murder is far more prevalent in the Black communities. Ever hear of a drive shooting by in Beverly Hills??? The problem is how do you say we know we already have a problem but we don't like what you bring to the table on top of that with out being called a racist??? It's not racist, it's cultural. And this brings us back to square one. Look at the numbers.

Old 04-14-2015, 07:35 PM

134 posts, read 292,767 times
What brings Black Violence into an area?

Old 04-14-2015, 08:23 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
It might be instructive for city leaders in Wilkes Barre to look only to Allentown, which was once an awful place - once much worse than W-B when it came to crime, gangs, urban decay, etc. - but is now clearly on the rebound. Allentown has so much new construction going on including a new 15 story office building, a $220 Million hockey arena, and at least $100 Million refurbishment and redevelopment of it's Lehigh Riverfront. New retail stores are opening up in the downtown area.

I've read that crime in Allentown peaked in 2006, but was tackled and things have been improving every year since. I've also heard the city finances were managed wisely and effectively. Some one correct me if I'm wrong.

Allentown still has it's problems and most middle-class residents of the Lehigh Valley still prefer Bethlehem to live. More affluent families head to other suburban areas like the Saucon Valley. In my visits to Allentown I have seen a noticeable change come over that town.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:39 PM

190 posts, read 286,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I. I've also heard the city finances were managed wisely and effectively. Some one correct me if I'm wrong.
i agree on Allentown - they are professionally managed.

See my prioe post regarding the CityVest scam..

WB is led by pre-sentenced felons.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:03 PM

98 posts, read 111,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Part of the problem is the housing and you're not going to change that, you have a plethora of these very old and small homes. The parents die and the kids have no interest. It goes to low income family or landlord that will use it for section 8. Inevitably the neighborhood declines and you can't even attract respectable low income families. I spend more time picking up other peoples trash in my Grandmothers yard that is located in one of these areas than anything else. When she is gone so is the house.
Same in my area, row houses that Italian families moved into at the turn of the last century to work at the Roebling Steel complex...they replaced the Germans that lived there prior but moved out to the suburbs when their economic status improved...
The Italians opened businesses on the first floor and lived cramped on the second floor.
In the 50- 60's their kids moved to the burbs in the new tract housing that swallowed up the farms.

Now the area is about 90% Hispanic..some Guatamalans but mostly, Columbians, Ecudorians..they have a thriving restaurant trade, grocery stores etc.
Most of them are legal...
The Guatamalans are mostly illegal..they work at landscaping, masonary, they are the 'Walking ATMs that the local thugs from the surrounding Ghetto come over to beat and rob....

Why is it that almost every minority in this country moves on and makes progress except a certain group?

Old 05-21-2015, 08:53 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
I thought it might be time to initiate a discussion about what can be done to fix Wilkes-Barre's problems.

Just got done with jury duty as alternate.

Guilty verdict in Sherman Hills machete attack - Times Leader - timesleader.com

My first suggestion would be is to evict the dogs from Sherman Hills. They were using this apartment as a kennel. The only thing in it when policed arrived was a mattress, a mother pit bull and her puppies. Your tax dollars at work.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:40 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,910 times
it can only be fixed when the actual persons that are profiting from the drug trade are outed and jailed and i seriously think that will not happen as they are probably politically entrenched---the ones being arrested are merely the lowest on the pole--the mules,hookers,fringe people---the rest of the crime stems from unquenched gang activity---one has to be blind not to notice the increase of gang colors,wear in the areas of wilkes barre and now becoming more prevalent on the west side

Old 05-22-2015, 05:36 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Just got done with jury duty as alternate.

Guilty verdict in Sherman Hills machete attack - Times Leader - timesleader.com

My first suggestion would be is to evict the dogs from Sherman Hills. They were using this apartment as a kennel. The only thing in it when policed arrived was a mattress, a mother pit bull and her puppies. Your tax dollars at work.
Wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania