Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2008, 12:48 PM

755 posts, read 2,334,331 times

Advertisements

can anyone tell me if there is anything special we should watch for when we file? In being fairly new to the area, we've never filed our taxes in PA before. Any special allowances, etc? rebates? anything??

Our accountant in NJ told us he also does PA but I want to make sure we don't miss out on anything we might be able to claim.

Thanks!!!

Also...can anyone recommend a good family dentist in the Milford area? Time to get the little ones in for check ups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 02:12 PM

910 posts, read 2,993,178 times
I just went over this The Kiplinger Taxopedia: What's Deductible? - Kiplinger.com and from that got a few ideas and ran with them. I guess if you have someone do your taxes for you they are more likely to catch the little things. We are in your boat too but opposite, we're doing PA and NJ for the first time! PA taxes are pretty easy I think.
I'm sure Hat will give you a dentist...

Old 01-21-2008, 04:22 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,555,281 times
LOL, Hat is looking for a dentist for the little one. Still travel down to NY for my husband and myself. I heard about a pedatric dentist in Milford that some use, but I have not made up my mind. FF if you get a recommendation, would you pass it along?
As far as taxes go, if you have a good accountant they are usually up on the laws such as hybrid car write offs and energy saving write offs in the house, etc.

The Hat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania