Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2008, 12:41 PM

2,940 posts, read 3,964,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
question ; what Irish resturants or pubs are in Scranton and where are they? I loved Siamsa in Stroudsburg, but its too far to go to jsut for lunch (have to ahve my fix of an irish breakfast).

Thanks
dorothy
The Banshee on Penn Ave, and The Bog on Adams Ave. The Banshee is a bar and restaurant, that does serve breakfast on some days...The Bog is just a bar. The Banshee has very good, and cheap, food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 01:05 PM

1,001 posts, read 1,989,082 times
Micky Gannons has great wings and sandwiches. McMullens in Providence has good food as well. Andy Gavins near the prison has good bar food too.

Old 06-04-2008, 03:15 PM

16 posts, read 54,935 times
I don't know if you are a diner person. But Andy's Diner on River st. in Plains PA

Old 06-04-2008, 03:27 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meandhesmakes3 View Post
I don't know if you are a diner person. But Andy's Diner on River st. in Plains PA
Andy's has great food. It's probably in my top five picks of local diners along with the Summit Diner in Clarks Summit, Terry's Diner in Moosic, and the Glider Diner in Scranton. The only bad experiences I've ever had at local diners have been at Chick's Diner in Scranton (one can only hope rumors of Sheetz buying them out are true), and the Pittston Diner in Pittston Township.

Old 06-04-2008, 03:32 PM

Yes they have great food and for cheap.

Old 06-04-2008, 03:39 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meandhesmakes3 View Post
Yes they have great food and for cheap.
I see you're from Kingston. Perhaps you have you dined at a few places in Kingston that I have always wanted to scope out and could give me some feedback?
  • Dagwood's, Market Street
  • Bake House, United Penn Plaza
  • Sweet Treet, Wyoming Avenue

I was also curious about that new place where Gel'piaz used to be, just up Wyoming Avenue from the corners, not far from Walgreen's. I also haven't eaten yet at Kazimi, even though I ate once at Allanti and enjoyed it under that ownership. I've heard some great reviews about the size and quality of the subs at Dagwood's, and I just saw on the news this evening that Sweet Treet on the avenue voluntarily went smoke-free; this is an important issue for me, so I'd like to give this man my business sometime for going out of his way to promote good public health.

Old 06-04-2008, 03:47 PM

Sorry never tried any of those. Yeah alot of places are going smoke free. Which I am glad to see.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:42 PM

73 posts, read 276,828 times
My son and I had pizza at Arcaro and Genell's on Saturday after seeing Moving Out. It was pretty good, I would like to go back for dinner.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:13 AM

21,274 posts, read 6,346,034 times
Anyone going to the races this week-end? Fortunately I'll be out of state so I won't have to put up with the traffic.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:43 PM

1 posts, read 4,255 times
A place called The Chop House in Swiftwater has created a buzz recently. I haven't had the chance to try it yet, but I heard the cuisine is unique to the Poconos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania