Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 09:24 PM

76 posts, read 260,954 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever been to/heard about The Lodge at Woodloch, the destination spa near Hawley?
I know it's geared towards city folk wanting to get away from it all, and the prices are certainly nothing to rejoice over, but it looks so luxe and beautiful that I can't help but longingly check out the website from time to time.
Has anyone ever been there or heard firsthand reviews of it?
Just curious. It looks so romantic, and with V-Day just around the corner, I was wondering about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 05:14 AM

910 posts, read 2,991,538 times
My sister is in NYC and her boss comes out to it alot. They go golfing and have conferences. I've only driven around, never stayed. I looked into it for a weekend getaway as well, but we wound up booking the Hershey Spa as usual. I'd rather just be a little further from here and we always enjoy it there.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:18 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,549,693 times
My husband golfs there once in a while and I hear it beautiful!

Old 02-08-2008, 05:43 AM

620 posts, read 2,055,255 times
My dad was a subcontractor when they built it--he said no expense was spared, a very beautiful place. I drove through the residential area once out of curiosity--I just told the guard I was curious to see it and he let me in. They wouldn't let me drive around the spa area though, so I guess that is guarded more closely. The residential section was very nice. I remember thinking they didn't look like million dollar townhouses (though they are), but I guess it is the whole atmosphere you pay for, not just the townhouse. Some people would rather live only by other millionaires!

I'd say the spa is a good bet based on what I've heard if you want a really upscale experience.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:58 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,094,204 times
My close friend works there as the rec director. Its a nice place with lots to do. They have winter activities and when its warm they have water skiing, shooting and other outdoor stuff to do. They do corporate team building camps as well. From what I have seen and heard its a top notch place.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:59 AM

755 posts, read 2,333,098 times
I have a lawyer aquaintance from Sussex Cty, NJ and he says he goes there with his family for little getaways. Says it's really nice.

Old 02-08-2008, 06:21 AM

2,834 posts, read 10,763,155 times
I've been to the dinner and show specials that they have. The shows are fabulous...you can tell in the summer, that it's a 'regular' crowd. Wherever they come friend. Lots of people in larger groups at the show. You can't believe you are in Pa when you are there. Something this great, hidden in the woods in Hawley. They also have a fabulous buffet. The shows kinda remind me of Dirty Dancing, only a little more upscale.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:49 AM

996 posts, read 3,277,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
You can't believe you are in Pa when you are there.
In my opinion, these are exactly the types of comments that make local people dislike NYers.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:44 AM

76 posts, read 260,954 times
From the little I know, it sounds like some of you may have been talking about Woodloch Pines, whereas I am primarilly curious about the Lodge at Woodloch, the spa. I am under the impression the two are affiliated, in some way, but ultimately are separate facilities.

The Lodge at Woodloch: Luxury Destination Spa and Resort in Pennsylvania’s Lake Region - The Lodge at Woodloch

But thanks for the info, so far!

Old 02-08-2008, 03:28 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,763,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentown View Post
In my opinion, these are exactly the types of comments that make local people dislike NYers.
Well then you obviously took it the wrong way.
It doesn't take much for some locals to dislike NYers. Your comment proves my point.

My daughter showed me a page in her current Elle Magazine that had a few of the top 100 spas in the United States. One of the few featured was Woodloch. Hawley is a very small, rural town and this wonderful resort is stuck in the middle of the woods. When I have been there to dinners, I always marvel at how close to home I am.

That is merely all I was trying to point out.

It sounds like you're insinuating that I think resorts of this kind are not capable of being run by Pennsylvanians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania