Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 06:51 PM

858 posts, read 3,044,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHighHat View Post
We are renting in about a month and my realtor told me that there is no way she would ever show us a house in the Hideout.......and never been there myself asked her why. She said there are tons of problems in there, many houses foreclosured and up for sale.
Thanks HighHat!! Maybe some other poster's in another topic will see im not the only one that thinks the HideOut, is falling apart!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxy38 View Post
HI all,
I hope you are wrong Highhat. My husband and I are moving to the hideout in July. We are building a home there and are very excited. I only heard good things about the hideout. My cousin lives there and him and his wife love it. They are so happy there. They said they made many good friends and love the area. I also heard this from others. I go to a website that has listings for homes in the hideout and other areas in NEPA. There are 182 homes for sale in the Hideout out of approximately 3000. Thats about 6 percent of the homes. the website is Pike/Wayne Realtors if anyone wants to check it out. Good luck
Dont cut any tree's down! Or put any kind of signs in ur front yard. And dont forget to pay ur memership due's or they well put a lean on ur house! Make sure ur Propane tank is on the right side of the house and covered, O the list gos on and on.........

Old 10-29-2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
I've got a house for sale.....so does my mom!!!!
Everyone is selling in the HideOut. Thats why I would never live there!

Old 10-29-2008, 07:48 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
Everyone is selling in the HideOut. Thats why I would never live there!
Everyone's selling in Scranton too, but you live there, don't you? (Gotcha!)

Old 10-29-2008, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Everyone's selling in Scranton too, but you live there, don't you? (Gotcha!)

Yes I do live in Scranton, but a point I was trying to make is...... Most people from out of town think the HideOut, is the next best thing to.... say, gas for their cars. In light of things it is no better then said Scranton.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:49 PM

936 posts, read 2,398,100 times
I am quite amazed at some of the posts on this topic of the Hideout. I am new to the hideout but in the 3 months that we are living here I have met the most amazing people, have enjoyed all thats available and wonder why I am so lucky to be living in a place thats so wonderful as this.

Any negative responses that are here are ignorant responses. And as far as realtors steering people away from the hideout its probably only because they arent getting the same commission as they would elsewhere.

If anyone wants to find out about the area you should spend time here. Rent a house and use the amenities and meet the people here. Come to the clubhouse and talk to the people that have lived here for 10, 20 and 30 years. Then make up your mind, dont listen to the ignorant responses from people that have nothing better in their lives than to make people as miserable as they are.

I love it here and so does my husband. We met so many wonderful people and enjoy life more now than we did before.

roxy, a hideout resident

Old 10-30-2008, 07:54 AM

904 posts, read 2,055,581 times
I actually thought The Hideout was a gay bar when I first saw the name.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:43 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,767,542 times
Quote:
Thanks HighHat!! Maybe some other poster's in another topic will see im not the only one that thinks the HideOut, is falling apart!

Sorry to say...but the info that The Hat got from her realtor is WRONG. And the realtor was not from the area. Her realtor's information is based on WHAT???

Old 10-30-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Dont cut any tree's down! Or put any kind of signs in ur front yard. And dont forget to pay ur memership due's or they well put a lean on ur house! Make sure ur Propane tank is on the right side of the house and covered, O the list gos on and on.........
When purchasing in a private community, or any community for that matter, it is smart to know the rules. There is nothing wrong with rules that try to preserve the nature that surround us or in trying to keep the neighborhood looking nice. I sure don't want to live next door to the neighbor with a bunch of political signs in their yard! Or with a 100 gallon propane tank in the front of their yard!
As far as not paying your dues...just like taxes...don't pay your taxes...they'll put a lien on your house too. And that's just not exclusive to The hideout. You knew their were dues when you purchased...of course there are consequences if you don't pay them.

All this means The Hideout is going downhill?? You gotta do better than that buddy!

Old 10-30-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Yes I do live in Scranton, but a point I was trying to make is...... Most people from out of town think the HideOut, is the next best thing to.... say, gas for their cars. In light of things it is no better then said Scranton.

Does anyone in Scranton have 4 lakes, a golf course, indoor tennis courts, a walking trail, 2 beaches, 2 swimming pools, a ski hill, etc.....all within a few miles of their home?? Not to mention, when sitting outside...you can hear a pin drop...and if you need to call 911 there is a trained EMT at your house in less than 5 minutes...have the pleasure of observing turkey and deer in your yard on a regular basis, a stricktly enforced 25mph speed limit....

Most people from out of town think the Hideout is the next best thing....guess what????That is their opinion and they are entitled to it...they know how good it is because they are comparing it to other areas. Not because of what they 'heard' from someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania