Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 11:42 PM

10 posts, read 50,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwb View Post
The fern Brook wasn't run by Laurel Line.
Fern Brook = WB/Dallas/Harvey's Lake trolley or LV depending on who ya talk to. Sorry the text got all jambed up there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 08:43 PM

1,429 posts, read 3,642,651 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/north...-petition.html

Old 04-27-2008, 09:46 PM

2,940 posts, read 3,968,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
That's a shame!

Unless of course physical problems prevent you from roller-coasting. Then it's a tragedy!.

No...I'm just a wimp when it comes to rides. The bumper cars are about as adeventurous as I get with rides....

Old 04-27-2008, 11:24 PM

4 posts, read 11,259 times
Knobles defiantly is the best in NEPA, small, but Family oriented and big tradtion type park!

My Mother used to work at Rocky Glen Park (I'm a youngin' lol) Man I wish that was still around! Dident the rollor coaster fall in the lake or something?

Old 04-29-2008, 05:46 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,115,981 times
Knoeble's is the best! We always had family reunions there. You can also camp there.
And it also has a pool. I also wish Rocky Glen was still there, it was a great park in it's day.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:22 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,693,746 times
There was just an article in our paper that Knoebel's tied with Disney World for best family park in the U.S.!! That's impressive. Knoebel's wooden roller coasters are consistently rated near the very top, and their Cesari's Pizza usually takes first place for amusement park pizza.

Knoebel's still offers free admission and hand stamps on weekdays. You can also buy tickets, and on weekends it's tickets only (no hand stamps unless it's a special promotional weekend). There's also the giant Crystal Pool and water park, and two campgrounds if you want to stay onsite or nearby (with a shuttle to take you to and from the park).

Pets are welcome, and picnic areas are provided. Knoebel's is alcohol free and a true family-oriented amusement park.

As far as older parks, there used to be one in Trevorton. I think it's on the children's carousel at Knoebel's that if you look at the center near the top you can see painted pictures of other amusement parks and their locations. Many of those rides ended up at Knoebel's.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:29 AM

411 posts, read 1,290,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OFflow84 View Post
Knobles defiantly is the best in NEPA, small, but Family oriented and big tradtion type park!

My Mother used to work at Rocky Glen Park (I'm a youngin' lol) Man I wish that was still around! Dident the rollor coaster fall in the lake or something?
I remember something about that...I think it was the "Million Dollar" coaster or something like that. The coasters that were there in my day didn't go over the lake.

I used to love the paddle boat ride that took you down the lake and back. Rocky Glenn was the destination of my sixth grade field trip. It used to be a pretty cool park and it could still be desireable with the lake, easy access to interstate and what looked like room for expansion to the east.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:26 AM

372 posts, read 1,228,827 times
Anyone remember Ghost Town in the Glen? I vaguely remember going there on a class trip when I was in elementary school, but I can't remember where it was!! (I remember several of my classmates throwing up after being on the tilt-a-whirl - now THAT is a memory!! LOL!)

Loved Angela Park! Went there quite a bit with friends when it was open and thriving!

Knoebels is wonderful! Especially now with things being so expensive, you can really get your money's worth there. The campgrounds are great, but fill up very quickly. The pool is nice, but oftentimes crowded. They have two water slides there now, and a cute kiddie section. The food is always good, but during peak times you'll be waiting a bit for it. Many people pack their own food and eat at the picnic tables right outside the park area. You can grill there too, which is nice.

Can't wait until the "Flying Turns" ride is up and running (I thought I'd heard by July!) - looks like so much fun!!

Old 04-29-2008, 01:21 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,829,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasPA View Post
Get your deprived self to Knoebel's!!! It's an easy drive....even under an hour from Wilkes-Barre via I-81 south to I-80 to the Buckhorn exit, then to Catawissa, then Knoebel's which id on the way to Elysburg. Ride the Phoenix for your virgin trip, then graduate to the taller Twister. We dare you!

Here's the link for directions, info and schedule....it's beautiful at night!

Knoebels Amusement Resort
I did the Twister a couple years ago -- first real coaster ever I think; and it was awesome. I shook for hours. Kid bragged about how it goes 55 mph (?) and I would've sworn it was 3x that. Started the ride as any protective dad with concern for my two pre-teen children. Within seconds, and for the first and only time as a dad to date, for the next minute or two it was every man for themselves.

I'm not a big ride fan. . . . other than waterparks. . . but some of them are frightening too. Knoebels will likely always be one of our favorite family trips.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:08 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,693,746 times
I remember Ghost Town in the Glen! It was in Moosic. I was only there once, but remember loving it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania