Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2020, 03:20 PM

1,935 posts, read 3,146,106 times

Advertisements

this was reported in today's Marketwatch:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/mo...ic-2020-07-31?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2020, 08:23 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,900,271 times
I've already seen an influx, even the trash on the side of the road got worse. I have had to go up and down the curb picking up bottles and other trash tossed out car windows. Today I found a used diaper. It's obvious when you see them they are from North Jersey and Brooklyn.

I'm all for people trying to better themselves and if moving here does it for them than great for them but be a good neighbor, Follow the rules of the town and take care of it. Throwing your trash all over the street is not a good welcome.

Old 08-06-2020, 09:47 AM

48 posts, read 58,239 times
We are relocating to the Poconos part time from Philadelphia come September 1st; you will not be seeing one iota of additional litter as a result...

Old 08-07-2020, 12:04 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,154,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.w. View Post
We are relocating to the Poconos part time from Philadelphia come September 1st; you will not be seeing one iota of additional litter as a result...
When I was a trucker I saw a lot of litter. You could actually track the litter at that time. Much of it blew out of garbage hauling trucks with ripped tarps as they entered our State and headed to our landfills. But I think that has changed and now the other states are disposing of their waste in other areas? We do not have the haulers on our roads that we used to have.

China threw us a curveball when they stopped taking our recyclables. That forced many our our County's recycling centers to close or alter what they would take. In the meantime some are ignoring our new reality and simply dumping wherever they can find a place. I know that it has been especially hard for our Salvation Army that is coping with trash that is dumped in their collection bins.

Anyway; thank you for not being part of the problem!

Old 08-07-2020, 05:18 AM

10,237 posts, read 6,326,286 times
Interesting you mentioned this. We were at Shop Rite yesterday and my husband remarked look at all the garbage thrown on the ground in between the cars. Yes, there were also masks and gloves on the ground.

Very simple solution. I keep a plastic grocery bag in my car at all times. When there is no garbage can nearby, I just put my trash in that bag in my car and tie it. I keep using it until it gets full. Then I dump it in my OWN trash can when I get home, and put another bag in the car.

It is also a good way to reuse those bags. I also use them to scoop cats litter pan. Daughter puts her son's dirty diapers in them before throwing them in her, or when traveling, trash can.

Edit: I grew up and lived in NYC. Rode the subways where people would throw garbage onto the tracks. RATS would be there eating their trash. Gross, disgusting, and not safe or healthy.

Last edited by Jo48; 08-07-2020 at 05:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
View detailed profiles of: