Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2020, 12:38 PM

1 posts, read 841 times

Advertisements

I am looking to move to Monroe County PA, one of the properties we are interested is on Wilderness Acres. It needs a lot of work and but specially a lot of landscaping. The back yard is mostly trees and rocks. I have 4 dogs and I need an enclosed space for them. I was wondering if it is an issue to get permits to build fences and cut trees on that area. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2020, 01:55 PM

8,055 posts, read 7,419,522 times
Here is a link to a recent discussion on Wilderness Acres (from last year).
https://www.city-data.com/forum/north...l#post55342334

The link contains the advice I would give, which is to contact the HOA directly and find out about fencing, tree cutting and so forth.

Old 08-11-2020, 06:44 AM

599 posts, read 498,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Here is a link to a recent discussion on Wilderness Acres (from last year).
http:////www.city-data.com/forum/nor...l#post55342334

The link contains the advice I would give, which is to contact the HOA directly and find out about fencing, tree cutting and so forth.
I would hope you head to the previous thread and read what I wrote. There are two answers that you need to be concerned with, regarding your tree and fence questions, anything else is noise and possible wrong. First is the township, they will have a zoning/planning/building permit office that will be happy to help you. Second in the development's HOA. they should have a live person to talk to at an office. They also should have a published owner's handbook available for you to look at, that gives very specific answers to your questions. Be aware that both fence installation and tree removal can be HUGE hot spots in some private communities. One Pocono community, where I build many homes, was a hard NO on any fence, period. They also required a permit to cut a tree that is bigger than 4" and it need to be for a reasonable cause, not because you didn't like having trees in your yard. They were clear that you bought a wooded lot, and it will remain a wooded lot, to the greatest extent possible.

I can't stress the importance of only relying on what the township and HOA have to say on any matter. I have dealt with neighbors who were furious that they were cited and fined from doing things that a realtor, neighbor, or some other clown told them was perfectly fine. I once had a truck driver, who barely spoke broken English, buy the house across the street from me. He then decides that three 18 wheel type trucks and matching shipping container trailers would be just fine in his YARD. I tell him to get his act together and get his big rig collection out of here. He responds that his realtor "checked with the city" and it's OK. I then tell him that there is no "city" and the township allows one commercial vehicle (a single road tractor) parked on a driveway, at least sixty feet from the front property line. He decided that he would avoid paying the fines and found other places to park, like a civilized human should of done in the first place.

Old 08-12-2020, 08:16 AM

6 posts, read 11,235 times
My neighbors across the street just put a fence up to enclose their pool and the people next-door put up a pretty (not orange) net fence to keep their dogs in the yard, not sure if the people next-door needed permission or even got it, but I’m sure the people across the street who put in that beautiful fence went through the right channels, but again speak with NEPA management (Betsy) 1st & I’m sure if for the permission is needed, Betsy will direct you. Spoke with the management company on numerous occasions and they were always friendly and helpful to me. Hope this helps & welcome to the neighborhood
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania