Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Chris Doherty for mayor if the election were held today?
Yes 17 33.33%
No 34 66.67%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 09:04 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,647,109 times

Advertisements

WNEP just interviewed some of my friends at King's. Darn! I should have been there! You all could have seen my annoying yap hyping up Joe Biden!

Old 10-02-2008, 09:06 PM

904 posts, read 2,056,237 times
I thought Biden kicked butt, but of course I'm biased towards the Scrantonian/Wilmingtonian. He spoke intelligently, actually answered most questions, and kept coherently on topic.

Palin left me wondering what the heck she was talking about most of the time or how she got onto whatever topic she slid onto. She seemed like a tape recorder playing a pre-recorded message. If ducking questions and discussion is the measure of debate prowess, I guess Palin won.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blip View Post
I thought Biden kicked butt, but of course I'm biased towards the Scrantonian/Wilmingtonian. He spoke intelligently, actually answered most questions, and kept coherently on topic.

Palin left me wondering what the heck she was talking about most of the time or how she got onto whatever topic she slid onto. She seemed like a tape recorder playing a pre-recorded message. If ducking questions and discussion is the measure of debate prowess, I guess Palin won.
On several occasions when posed a question she immediately retorted "Well can I talk about..." I just wanted to smack her upside the head and say "NO! Answer the question you were given!"

Old 10-02-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
WNEP just interviewed some of my friends at King's. Darn! I should have been there! You all could have seen my annoying yap hyping up Joe Biden!
I just saw that. Too bad it wasn't you-- you could have thrown in a good word about Scranton while you were at it.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:14 PM

Quote:
I just saw that. Too bad it wasn't you-- you could have thrown in a good word about Scranton while you were at it.
True. People don't give we college students enough credit. I was approached several times today on campus and asked if I had already registered to vote. EVERYONE on campus is talking about the election (it seems as if we ALL are sick of President Bush!) Don't be surprised to see a landslide Obama victory next month.

Old 10-03-2008, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
True. People don't give we college students enough credit. I was approached several times today on campus and asked if I had already registered to vote. EVERYONE on campus is talking about the election (it seems as if we ALL are sick of President Bush!) Don't be surprised to see a landslide Obama victory next month.
I hope you're right, though you kids may be too busy updating your facebook status to remember to go to the polls.

A new poll showed Obama leads 61% to 30% for first-time voters. Colbert had a segment on McCain's new voter abstinence program for young voters. oh, good stuff.

Old 10-03-2008, 06:11 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,456,825 times
Well, "non-political" me has printed up the voter registration form & is going out today to actually register to vote for the 1st time in 51 years!!!! (do I get a lollipop??)

After hearing McCain last week & Palin last night, I feel that if I can add to the chances of keeping them OUT of the White House I'm proud to do it!!!

I watched the debate last night & I'm sorry, but the whole first half was a waste to me 'cause I was SO focused on that piece of hair that was stuck to Palin's eyelash jerking everytime she blinked that I couldn't concentrate on what she was saying!!!! But I got really PO'd when she stated that she was for yap yap yap for those who CHOOSE to be in a gay relationship (after trying to dodge & weave around the question)!!

Old 10-03-2008, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
Well, "non-political" me has printed up the voter registration form & is going out today to actually register to vote for the 1st time in 51 years!!!! (do I get a lollipop??)
Congrats! (I would congratulate you even if you weren't voting for my choice, but probably without the exclamation poiint. )

Old 10-03-2008, 06:55 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,456,825 times
Quote:
Congrats! (I would congratulate you even if you weren't voting for my choice, but probably without the exclamation poiint. )
LOL!!! I gotta tell ya blip...I LOVE your sense of humor!!! (gotta have one these days!!!)

Old 10-03-2008, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
But I got really PO'd when she stated that she was for yap yap yap for those who CHOOSE to be in a gay relationship (after trying to dodge & weave around the question)!!
That cost McCain/Palin quite a few voters, and in an election where they are already significantly faltering they really couldn't afford that. As science is coming nearer and nearer to lending evidence on the contrary, by stumbling over her words to say "choose", "choose", "choose" she turned off probably every gay Republican out there (no, it's not an oxy-moron as I know of a few). Sen. Biden went on to reiterate that neither he nor Sen. Obama support same-sex marriage (fine by me), but he enamored me when he went on to DEMAND that same-sex couples have hospital visitation rights, insurance benefits, etc., all of which are very important to my partner and I. When the moderator asked Gov. Palin if she agreed with Sen. Biden's points, Sarah stumbled and then just basically said "No. I don't support redefining the traditions of a marriage being between one man and one woman, and I worry that those benefits will make it closer to making that a reality." Yes, folks, you heard that straight from the moose hunter's mouth---gays should NOT have hospital visitation rights! Any gay Republican should rally behind Sen. Obama after hearing the skewed McPalin stance on civil equality. The real kicker was when she also said "I hope this doesn't make me sound intolerant." YA THINK?!!

I can't believe that not only has this woman, a journalism major, never read a newspaper or magazine recently, but she also thinks that people choose their sexual orientations. Humans are creatures of habit. We tend to follow the path of least resistance whenever it is available to us. In that sense why would so many of us with such high aspirations for our lives CHOOSE to engage in a "lifestyle" (something else that ticked me off when she said) that would set us up for a lifetime of discrimination? I'd like to ask here when she "chose" to be heterosexual. Can she give me a point in her life when she woke up and said "I dig dudes?" I certainly can't for myself. Idiot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania