Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 12:40 PM

936 posts, read 2,398,100 times

Advertisements

Hi Pocnos,
I just moved myself into the Hideout. I dont have any children but see this area as being kid friendly. My cousins live in Hemlock and they were here this weekend for dinner. We took them to the tiki bar and then the clubhouse for dinner. The Tiki bar is on the beach/lake. They were very impressed because they dont have these amenities at Hemlock Farms.

I am sure its true in both areas that you have alot of retirees. I would think that all these private areas have more retirees in the winter months and in the summer you will see more families with children. There are full time families but I dont know how many.

By the way dont believe all the negativity you here about the Hideout. I havent met anyone that lives here that says anything negative. Its a wonderful community.

Best wishes,
roxy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 04:49 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,767,542 times
DM..Direct Message. Just click on the person's name in the upper left of their post and a little drop down window is there...sending a Direcr Message (DM) will let them read you message but the entire forum won't see it. \

I'm going to try and give you an idea what a year in the life of a busy child who takes advantage of all The Hideout activites is like:

Winter : Ice Scating at our very own rink, snowboarding or skiing or snowtubing at our very own ski hill. Don't know how? They give lessons.

Spring...some more of the above possibly! Sports...we have basketball courts, a walking trail, fishing on one of our 3 lakes, golfing, they have lessons and a junior golf league, tennis lessons, a jr. tennis leaue, mini-golf too. Bike ride the 44 miles of paved roads within The Hideout.

Summer...the little ones...a GREAT kids camp thats does all kinds of activites, bus trips to many great places, join the very popular Swim Team, over 80 kids on the team...more tennis, golf...basketball....Swim at the pools, the beaches.... watch a movie on the beach on our 12 ft portable movie screen....rent a row boat or paddle boat
Fall..Soccer in The Hideout.... Oktoberfest right here in the Hideout with rides and games, live entertainment...

The Recreation Dept also has organized parties for every Holiday for the children as well as many planned activites...story time for kids, campfire nights..the list is endless.
There are also a few playgrounds within The hideout.
Not to mention, sports at school, girl/boy scouts and local music lessons...dance lessons...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania