Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 02:40 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,624,272 times

Advertisements

I just thought I'd give everyone a heads-up that this winter's first snow storm is coming through during the day tomorrow. A winter weather advisory has been issued in anticipation of 2-4 inches of accumulation in the valleys and cities with 3-6 inches possible in the higher elevations, especially north and east of Scranton (think Mt. Cobb, Waymart, Montrose, Damascus, etc.)

Good thing I'm not at work today. I'd hate to witness the mass panic of people rushing out to buy snow blowers! LOL! As a snow lover this is very welcome news! Maybe the ski resorts can open earlier this season? I want to try skiing this year!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 02:42 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,659,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I just thought I'd give everyone a heads-up that this winter's first snow storm is coming through during the day tomorrow. A winter weather advisory has been issued in anticipation of 2-4 inches of accumulation in the valleys and cities with 3-6 inches possible in the higher elevations, especially north and east of Scranton (think Mt. Cobb, Waymart, Montrose, Damascus, etc.)

Good thing I'm not at work today. I'd hate to witness the mass panic of people rushing out to buy snow blowers! LOL! As a snow lover this is very welcome news! Maybe the ski resorts can open earlier this season? I want to try skiing this year!
Paul, you're kidding right. We were hoping we wouldn't see this for at least another month.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
Paul, you're kidding right. We were hoping we wouldn't see this for at least another month.
Excuse me while I provide my own opinion on this freak early snow storm:

Old 10-27-2008, 02:49 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
You wimps -- 2 to 4 inches is not a "storm," at least by Erie's definition. It's just a mere inconvenience!

Old 10-27-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
You wimps -- 2 to 4 inches is not a "storm," at least by Erie's definition. It's just a mere inconvenience!
People here freak out about everything. You should know that by now. Then again I see people out in your native Ohio cry about whether or not a flagpole should be included in the height of a skyscraper, so obviously Scranton hasn't cornered the market on whining. LOL!

Old 10-27-2008, 03:18 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,454,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post

OMG!!! Isn't that WAY too early??? Today we just shut off our a/c & opened the windows for the winter!!!

I hope you guys don't get socked this season!!!

Old 10-27-2008, 03:23 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,584,702 times
Err....north of Scranton....that's not my area, is it? I don't have a snow blower yet, and hubby is away working this week.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:28 PM

620 posts, read 2,056,236 times
Perfect timing, I just got done putting the plow on my tractor. I LOVE snow for about the first 3 months. It is a little early, but about on time...I can remember numerous snowy halloweens growing up in nepa.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:29 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,454,994 times
This thread brought a question to mind...

Down here, we don't have to deal with any snow or ice, but since we're driving to NEPA in December, does Pa. have any ordinance that a car MUST have snow tires or chains?? We have radials which I think would be fine in case, but I'm not familiar with any "winter laws" up there....

Old 10-27-2008, 03:37 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
We just have all weather tires, no chains.........havn't seen a chain since gosh knows when......
If you look around in the states, many are having a snow storm or freezing rain, one big party for all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania