Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 09:02 AM

2,009 posts, read 3,782,581 times

Advertisements

Maybe i'm missing something here, but i read Paul's post and i didn't see that he mentioned one thing about the elderly in it??? Did i miss it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 09:08 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,673,594 times
I imagine my sweet lad took that out.........but yes, I do have my glasses on. It was there...
LOL
I have to say in all honesty, the lad before me who "did not push the button" was young......
Not old in the least. Push the bright GREEn button that says VOTE on it please!

Old 11-04-2008, 09:12 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,456,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
I imagine my sweet lad took that out.........but yes, I do have my glasses on. It was there...
LOL
LOL!! Just wait 'til he gets up there himself & all the young'uns give the medicine back!!

Glad to say, so far no problems in Fla!! Let's hope it stays that way!!

Old 11-04-2008, 09:21 AM

I really do, understand the point.
Gosh, the exact thing happened to me..........and we had NO line.
That young person left without pushing the button.
So.......holy cow, if this happens all day long.
Personally I think a big sign should go up on each and every curtain, or somewhere saying........
"Push the darn green button".........
We both had the same experience.................
You bettcha, JG.........oneday...........LOL
Its a happy day today because it OVER, one way or another..........It is OVER.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:22 AM

87 posts, read 183,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
It seems no matter how easy they make it, people are still dumb.

I think we need to find someway to streamline the voting in this country and get it working.
In 2008 we should have a system that is understood and no complications, etc. I mean if we can have gambling machines and everyone can figure those out...come on. We need a voting method that is easy, correct and everyone who is registered can VOTE and it is COUNTED! There should not be lines or not enough machines to vote! We all have a right and a voice in the USA...and the means able to vote. Yes, not everything is up to par..but our voting system NEEDS to be RIGHT! Something that needs addressed with the next election for sure. I hope your vote and the one before yours counts as well:-)

Old 11-04-2008, 09:50 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,647,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
Maybe i'm missing something here, but i read Paul's post and i didn't see that he mentioned one thing about the elderly in it??? Did i miss it?
Read my reply a few posts up. I explained that I just removed that ageist comment to allow for more free thought on the election process mishaps themselves as opposed to chiding me for being disrespectful of my elders (hence why my original post has that message in the reason for editing area now). I apologize again for making that brief statement of ignorance, and I don't know how many hoops I have to jump through to get people talking ON-TOPIC?!

Thus far both Summering and I have had experiences with prior voters' ballots that were not properly cast. How many others are out there as well? I can't believe I was told first to just change the prior voter's selection to accommodate my own preferences and then accused of lying about this by the second official in order to vote twice. Where did these election volunteers/officials receive their training? University of Mayor Doherty?!

Old 11-04-2008, 10:08 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,456,825 times
This might be too simple, but if the screen in front of me was ready to vote the previous voter's selections, & to "put it through" meant to "hit the green button (but they didn't do it), couldn't someone just hit the green button" & then go on to vote themselves???

Old 11-04-2008, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
This might be too simple, but if the screen in front of me was ready to vote the previous voter's selections, & to "put it through" meant to "hit the green button (but they didn't do it), couldn't someone just hit the green button" & then go on to vote themselves???
Yes, well that is exactly what they did in our case. The voter was there though, out and walking away..... and he stopped dead in his tracks..........because I think he knew there was not the final completion of the process.
My machine I went to was blank when I got up to it, thank goodness. We did have someone right with the machines, right there, who knew if someone was not finalizing........
It seems SWB did not have a person there who was alert and aware.
Really, its a happy day.........all of the fuss will soon be over.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:27 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,827,904 times
Hopefully we won't have any controversies....hanging chads, etc.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:43 AM

But there is already a controversy with the voter before SWB not having his vote count.
The books and the machines won't add up. They match the sign-ins with the count. The count will NOT be right. Not good......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania