Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 05:57 AM

620 posts, read 2,062,740 times

Advertisements

There's another one like this near Hawley, as 590 comes to the T at Rt 6.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 07:06 AM

90 posts, read 249,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
The station at the corner of Moosic Street & Meadow Avenue (not far from House of China) is always outrageously expensive too I've noticed.
That station at Moosic & Meadow is the same franchise (USA Mini Mart), and I haven't gone past it lately, but when the montage mtn rd one was 3.91 for over a month, so was the one at Moosic & Meadow.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:53 AM

267 posts, read 768,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezbowski View Post
That station at Moosic & Meadow is the same franchise (USA Mini Mart), and I haven't gone past it lately, but when the montage mtn rd one was 3.91 for over a month, so was the one at Moosic & Meadow.

Yeah, that station prices (River ST exit of I-81) as of this afternoon were $3.40,$3.50,$3.60.

I thought someone didn't change the 3 to a 2.

So I drove over to the Turkey Hill near the Birney plaza in Moosic and paid $2.35

Old 11-09-2008, 09:31 PM

9 posts, read 28,730 times
Default they are all ripoffs

all of the us mini markets are priced quite higher(gas) then any other stations around. I asked the cashier, but he couldn't speak english. (yeah right). They don't even deserve to carry the name US in their store name. If you go to gasbuddy.com, you can request the most expensive gas in your zipcode. You will see them top the list. I wish people would boycott people like this. last week they were a dollar more then the station on the other side of the block. Meadow ave. It should be illegal. I wish them bad luck and hope they go out of business.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:31 PM

26 posts, read 103,187 times
Default Mini Mart gas gouging

I just heard a segment on WBRE about price gouging at the afore mentioned stations. A CD lead perhaps ? I was out of the room but did hear that there was no response from the distributor in Oylphant, I believe.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:46 PM

809 posts, read 1,336,561 times
The US Mini Market in Carbondale told me that they bought the gas at that price because they thought it was going to continue to go up and then they would be able to sell cheaper than everyone else, but the price came down and they have so much they can't charge less without losing a bundle. I too thought the sign was wrong.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:52 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,876,548 times
Here's a good site to keep track of local gas prices, which also lets you post gas prices...it covers all of NE PA:
Scranton Gas Prices - Find Cheap Gas Prices in Pennsylvania

Old 11-12-2008, 03:29 PM

1,251 posts, read 3,322,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupmom View Post
The US Mini Market in Carbondale told me that they bought the gas at that price because they thought it was going to continue to go up and then they would be able to sell cheaper than everyone else, but the price came down and they have so much they can't charge less without losing a bundle. I too thought the sign was wrong.
Wonder how much money they're losing now that the gap is getting bigger and bigger. Time to bit the bullet. Not making any money at all off of it as it sits in the holding tanks while everyone else's prices continue to fall.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:45 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,681,642 times
They've got to be losing their shirts now that gas is down to $2.31 a gallon in some places. To keep charging those crazy prices, does not make any sense.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:08 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,019,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MermanMike View Post
There's another one like this near Hawley, as 590 comes to the T at Rt 6.
Yeah, but Gary's is only about 50cents more than everyone else. (I don't know what kind of station it is now..Lukoil? For as long as I could remember it was Texaco.) But it's full service! You don't have to pump it yourself, anyway.

I noticed that one over on Montage the last time I went to the Cinemark and couldn't believe it was so much higher than everyone else.

Maybe they can afford to wait till gas goes back up that high again to sell it...I sure as heck wouldn't stop there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania