Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 08:47 AM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times

Advertisements

I was just sitting down and reading the Times-Leader while preparing to head out to work and noticed our forum friend Ashley19 had submitted a letter of gratuity to the editor of the newspaper, thanking the community for their continued thoughts and prayers for her husband, Mark, who has been suffering with medical ailments.

(BELOW IS PROPERTY OF THE TIMES-LEADER NEWSPAPER)

Family grateful for fundraisers

At the end of June, my husband Mark and I received some devastating news. He is in need of kidney and pancreas transplants.

Mark, 38, has dealt with diabetes since the age of 12 due to a virus that affected his pancreas. He is receiving dialysis three times a week.

During the last few months, several fundraising events were held on his behalf, and we would like to thank all who were involved and attended.

On Aug. 3, a benefit was held at the Holy Cross Church in Buttonwood. Neal Williams, owner of Shmoopy’s Bar & Grill, along with our niece, Megan Stobodzian, were the main organizers of this wonderful event. We thank them, along with the patrons of the bar, event sponsors and bands.

From Oct. 10 to 12, a multifamily yard sale was held at the Ashley home of Cece (Mark’s sister) and Danny Wallace. All proceeds were donated to Mark’s fund. This event was organized by the homeowners and James Stobodzian. Several families donated items to sell and it was a great success.

Much love and thanks to them and to our nieces and nephew – Samantha, Tyler and Jillian Stobodzian – who graciously donated items and toys for the sale. This was a wonderful lesson in giving for them.

On Oct. 19, a fishing tournament sponsored by the East Side Bass Anglers was held at Harveys Lake. A special thanks goes to all those who made monetary donations and volunteered to be tested. You will never know how much your kindness means to us.

We have such wonderful family and friends for whom we are grateful. We especially want to thank our friends Frank and Larissa McKenzie and my mom, Arline Bodzio.

On Sept. 29, we found out that I was a match for Mark and we are scheduled for the kidney transplant on Dec. 11. Please keep us in your prayers. Mark will then wait for an available pancreas.

If anyone wants to make a donation, a fund has been set up at: Mark Stobodzian Fund, c/o Choice One Federal Credit Union, 101 Hazle St., Wilkes-Barre, PA 18706.

Well-wishes can be e-mailed to: stobo1@verizon.net.

Thanks to all of you for your love, support, donations and prayers during this difficult time in our lives. God bless.

I have to rush out to work soon, but as soon as I have time available I'm going to e-mail our friend Cheryl with some kind words of support, and I'd encourage everyone else to please do the same. If you have some spare cash, I'm sure they'd welcome financial contributions as well, given the escalating costs of health care these days.

Best of luck to you, Ashley19, and we're all keeping you and your husband in our prayers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 04:48 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
Gosh, such a sad story. I know we will pray that everything works out well.......

One of my friends daughters is on a defibulator and a pacemaker due to a virus, she was very young and it was a complete surprise for her to find she was in this condition.

Times like this you need all the support you can take in.......
I will be writing her also, and leave good thoughts that all goes well.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:29 AM

201 posts, read 538,982 times
Thank you so much for your support and prayers. Last week was a very rough week for us. Marks fistula was not working so he had to have another catheter put in and for some reason that is not working either. He is going to dialysis right now so I pray that it is going to work today. I don't know what happens if this does not work. Stress! All these problems a month before the surgery. I still have more tests to go through and I can not get in touch with the doctor to have them scheduled. Thank you all again. Keep praying for us.
Cheryl

Old 11-10-2008, 05:33 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,115,048 times
I'm sorry you are going through such a hard time. I am praying that things change, get better & turn in your favor. Keep up your spirits if you can, so you can keep up your strength for your surgery.

Wish I could help totally de-stress you...

Old 11-10-2008, 07:23 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,584,329 times
((((Cheryl and family))))) Continued prayers being sent...

Old 11-10-2008, 07:47 AM

1,815 posts, read 5,400,393 times
My thoughts and prayers are with you Cheryl! You are very lucky to be a match for your husband. That's great news! Try to celebrate every little success, it will raise your spirits which will keep the body strong.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:29 AM

2,317 posts, read 5,129,699 times
thoughts and prayers.....

Old 11-10-2008, 09:33 AM

201 posts, read 538,982 times
More Stress! I just received a call from the doctor and my glucose test came back high. They are going to do another one but if that comes back high they may not take me as the donor. This is just great. I don't even want to tell him this news. We have the worst luck in the world! What else can go wrong?
Even more stressed out!

Old 11-10-2008, 10:25 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,454,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley19 View Post
More Stress! I just received a call from the doctor and my glucose test came back high. They are going to do another one but if that comes back high they may not take me as the donor. This is just great. I don't even want to tell him this news. We have the worst luck in the world! What else can go wrong?
Even more stressed out!
I built a grotto in my jungle, & I've been saying prayers there for you both. I will continue 'til all is well.

Last edited by Jungle George; 04-11-2009 at 05:58 AM..

Old 11-10-2008, 06:03 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley19 View Post
Even more stressed out!
We're gonna' pray the glucose returns to normal....

Our hearts are with you. Bless you .....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania