Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 12:55 AM

858 posts, read 3,044,960 times

Advertisements

Why is it every topic, I read starts off good?? And then as I read on and on I see the name "ScranBarre" And it turns into all out war for the rest of the topic?? Is it just me that see's this going on all the time??

Perhaps, I'm looking far to into this??

Old 11-27-2008, 01:26 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,640,448 times
Hey, if you want me to stop posting here, just say so. I'm more than capable of keeping myself occupied with the gay/anti-gay brou-ha-has that are popping up every minute on the Politics & Other Controversies forum. Getting a rep point for telling a right-winger that marriage is not a "right" for anyone (no, not even heterosexuals) but rather a privilege feels much more rewarding than being told over and over again that I'm too young and stupid to be posting on here.

Old 11-27-2008, 02:18 AM

106,722 posts, read 108,913,061 times
paul i enjoy your controversial subjects and although at times your views of things are very idealistic and should be the way you see things but unfourtunetly life adds its little spins and the outcomes are always different but non the less you appear very intelligent,very motivtated to do well and dont for 1 second stop posting here. controversy is good!

Old 11-27-2008, 07:16 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,660,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Hey, if you want me to stop posting here, just say so. I'm more than capable of keeping myself occupied with the gay/anti-gay brou-ha-has that are popping up every minute on the Politics & Other Controversies forum. Getting a rep point for telling a right-winger that marriage is not a "right" for anyone (no, not even heterosexuals) but rather a privilege feels much more rewarding than being told over and over again that I'm too young and stupid to be posting on here.
Actually Paul, if you really want to get into this I will. If you're a Christian, God says homosexuality is wrong all together. Just read Leviticus 18:22 and Romans 1:26-27. And on marriage Corinthians 7. If you believe in God and the Bible, it says that marriage is a sacred union between a man and a woman. You're not a bad person and I'm not judging you at all, I'm just reading scriptures from the Bible.

Old 11-27-2008, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
Why is it every topic, I read starts off good?? And then as I read on and on I see the name "ScranBarre" And it turns into all out war for the rest of the topic?? Is it just me that see's this going on all the time??

Perhaps, I'm looking far to into this??
I think maybe because Paul is a popular poster on here and has the most seniority on this sub-forum.

Old 11-27-2008, 07:23 AM

936 posts, read 2,398,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
Actually Paul, if you really want to get into this I will. If you're a Christian, God says homosexuality is wrong all together. Just read Leviticus 18:22 and Romans 1:26-27. And on marriage Corinthians 7. If you believe in God and the Bible, it says that marriage is a sacred union between a man and a woman. You're not a bad person and I'm not judging you at all, I'm just reading scriptures from the Bible.
Well even though this is not a post on Gay rights I would just like to add what I think!!! All people are supposedly created equal and that should include gay people. Everyone should have the right to marry and share their lives together with the knowledge that the law will be on their side in case of death or illness. But more importantly to express their love in front of God. I am not gay but I do think that everybody should be able to have these rights!!!

And Scranbarre keep on posting your thoughts!!!

Old 11-27-2008, 07:28 AM

620 posts, read 2,056,573 times
I give you a new commandment: love each other as I have loved you. It is by your love for one another that they will recognize you as my disciples.

Some kind hippie said that, I like it, hopefully it catches on soon!

Love to you all and happy thanksgiving!

Old 11-27-2008, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxy38 View Post
Well even though this is not a post on Gay rights I would just like to add what I think!!! All people are supposedly created equal and that should include gay people. Everyone should have the right to marry and share their lives together with the knowledge that the law will be on their side in case of death or illness. But more importantly to express their love in front of God. I am not gay but I do think that everybody should be able to have these rights!!!

And Scranbarre keep on posting your thoughts!!!
I know we're off topic on this one. I hear what you're saying and I'm not judging anybody. I'm not in a position to judge anybody, God is. I'm just saying if you're a Christian and believe in God, it is wrong to live that lifestyle. It's also wrong for unmarried straight people to have sex before marriage. I could go on and on. We can't judge people, only God can.

Old 11-27-2008, 07:36 AM

1,162 posts, read 3,009,508 times
It's popular right now to single out homosexuality as the "unpardonable sin" but really, I don't see in the Bible where one sin is worse than another.

I really think Christians need to realize that ALL HAVE SINNED AND FALL SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD - ALL, ALL, ALL.

The hetero guy who lusts in his heart after the blonde bombshell is just as guilty of sin as two gay guys having a fling.

The old lady gossiping about the sisters in the church is just as sinful as the girls making out...

The key is that Christ died for all - gay, straight, old, young, black, white.

We all need to search our own hearts and ask Him to fill our lives and teach us how we can best live in a way that's pleasing to Him.

We are all at different parts on our journey. We need to encourage one another to finish the race, not slam each other down because we perceive others to be in "worse sin" than we ourselves are.

When I first became a born again Christian 20+ years ago, I was ready to whack everyone upside the head with the bible, asking them "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT THIS SAYS ABOUT YOUR LIFE?"

After my journey of nearly two decades I've learned that the Lord has been trying to get me to hear His voice - "What is wrong with you, Karen - don't you know what I want for YOUR life? Do not worry about their journeys...worry about your own and follow me."

I'm just saying that I don't think it's our job to do anything other than introduce others to Jesus - plant the seed, and let God make it grow into the plant He wants it to be.

I generally do not get involved in religious discussions or controversial topics - I do not like to take sides publicly on personal matters, political matters, religious matters - but it breaks my heart to see the Bible used to whack someone upside the head.

Old 11-27-2008, 07:40 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,456,159 times
The problem with this whole mind-set is that our country is a democracy & not a theocracy.

Any religion should have absolutely no bearing on civil rights. (as is now the case thanks to the religious right putting up Amendment 2 on the ballot)

MermanMike said it the best...the words of a "kind hippie"!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania