Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 01:36 PM

513 posts, read 1,080,017 times

Advertisements

You don't want a society where only the criminals have guns, and the criminals will always have guns. BTW, I saw "Gran Torino" last night. One of the best movies I've ever seen.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:07 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,583,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DE_NePA View Post
You don't want a society where only the criminals have guns, and the criminals will always have guns. BTW, I saw "Gran Torino" last night. One of the best movies I've ever seen.
Is that the new one with Clint Eastwood? I heard it was really good.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:47 AM

858 posts, read 3,044,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
They run your name for any gun. There is no waiting period but there is a check, at least the last few times I purchased a firearm and my last purchase was a new shotty. They do not seperate between long guns...rifle, shotgun still a firearm and under PA law a felon CANNOT own or purchase any firearm.

Pa has some of the best firearm laws in the country.
Last year I had got 2 shot guns out of the papershop and just picked them up at the guys house and off I went.. Perhaps, thats what some do from out of town to buy guns??? It's up to the person selling the gun if he wants it in black and white.. If anything their should be a law where all gun owners must go and transfur it the right way.. And out of state DL, should have a 5 day waiting peirod..

Old 01-18-2009, 08:13 AM

2,317 posts, read 5,129,033 times
Lets stay on topic...and leave the moderating to the moderators...thank you...

Old 01-20-2009, 06:19 AM

936 posts, read 2,397,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
City police Thursday night nabbed a person of interest in a New York City homicide who has been on the run and claimed he would “kill a cop” if stopped by police, according to arrest records.

Naquan Knight, 31, was picked up at a city motel and arrested on multiple warrants out of various jurisdictions.

NYC ‘most wanted’ caught in NEPA | News | thetimes-tribune.com - The Times-Tribune (http://www.thetimes-tribune.com/articles/2009/01/17/news/doc4971d58572365755565537.txt - broken link)

Nice to see that our local, Police are letting some of these out-of-towners know... You just can't come to NEPA, for a get out of jail free card!
John if you read the bottom of this article you would see that he was from Philadelphia...

Its amazing that NYers are blamed for all that happens here in NEPA. Its like when you were a child and your mom blamed what you did on your friend.

Police learned the Philadelphia man also was wanted for failing to appear in Luzerne County Court in June for sentencing on drug dealing charges.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:52 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,096,437 times
Quote:
WILKES-BARRE — City police Thursday night nabbed a person of interest in a New York City homicide who has been on the run and claimed he would “kill a cop” if stopped by police, according to arrest records.

Naquan Knight, 31, was picked up at a city motel and arrested on multiple warrants out of various jurisdictions.

Mr. Knight is on the New York Police Department’s “Most Wanted” list in connection with a May 14 shooting in Queens, according to the NYPD Web site.

John said "out of towners", not NYers. Wow though one from Philly, guess that means the NYers are off the hook for coming to pa to sling their junk and commit crimes.

I bet the Poconos hate that huge influx of crime from Philly that they have been getting over the last decade.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
John said "out of towners", not NYers. Wow though one from Philly, guess that means the NYers are off the hook for coming to pa to sling their junk and commit crimes.

I bet the Poconos hate that huge influx of crime from Philly that they have been getting over the last decade.
The problem is some people cant believe that the crime might be coming from their own backyard. I think out of towners means from another state but I guess everyones perceptions is different. You can also mince the words but the facts dont change. Oh and maybe you should check them first before you put down all of us!!!

Old 01-20-2009, 09:21 AM

858 posts, read 3,044,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxy38 View Post
John if you read the bottom of this article you would see that he was from Philadelphia...

Its amazing that NYers are blamed for all that happens here in NEPA. Its like when you were a child and your mom blamed what you did on your friend.

Police learned the Philadelphia man also was wanted for failing to appear in Luzerne County Court in June for sentencing on drug dealing charges.
Quote:
Nice to see that our local, Police are letting some of these out-of-towners know... You just can't come to NEPA, for a get out of jail free card!
I did say out-of-towners, not NYers, however they seem to be the root of the problem's in this area among many areas. About ten years ago the Poconos was a nice place to live, with many long term home owner's that have lived there all there life, and many NYers that had retired there and were living happy in there retirment.. Now even the NYers that were happy are leaveing there homes to move somewhere else because of the not so nice NYers moving in and turning the poconos into the little apple..

I do think most people from out of state will say to you.."the reason we left NY is to get away from all this" But infact there just coming right back into it but on a smaller scale..

Old 01-20-2009, 12:01 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,096,437 times
Yeh like I said I'm sure that the Poconos don't know what to do about that Philly crime wave that they have been experiencing over the last few decades. They caught this guy in OUR BACKYARD but it seems that he fled NY to Scranton to avoid being arrested for a crime that he committed in NY. I only saw Philly as his birth place not where he was a criminal. That would be NY and the NY criminal came to Scranton to hide from his crimes in NY.

Old 01-20-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Yeh like I said I'm sure that the Poconos don't know what to do about that Philly crime wave that they have been experiencing over the last few decades. They caught this guy in OUR BACKYARD but it seems that he fled NY to Scranton to avoid being arrested for a crime that he committed in NY. I only saw Philly as his birth place not where he was a criminal. That would be NY and the NY criminal came to Scranton to hide from his crimes in NY.
Whatever. Get over it, whether he is from philly or nyc its not the point, you need to realize that people from nyc dont want to be treated as criminals. Wake up and smell the roses, we arent all criminals and neither are all philadelphians.

I actually moved from a beautiful area in Brooklyn. I didnt move here to get away from crime, I moved here because I loved Pa. and wanted an affordable home. Not all NYC is crime ridden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania