Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Support Bishop Martino's Political Stances?
Yes (Why?) 6 26.09%
No (Why?) 17 73.91%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 09:43 AM

32,618 posts, read 77,624,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Here's what I've been listening to lately:
Paddy Rock Radio
An Irish-American listening to Celtic music? Well color me purple and call me caught totally off-guard! LOL! Living here in Tomato Town, home to more Sicilians than a pizza parlor on a Friday night in Old Forge, I can't say I've been too enthralled by Italian music!

Old 02-02-2009, 09:53 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,454,994 times
Quote:
Paddy Rock Radio
I thought the music of NEPA was this.....

WRJQ - WI - Listen Online

Old 02-02-2009, 10:04 AM

This is for those who slam the Scranton DPW. At least THIS stuff doesn't happen left and right in the Electric City! LOL!

YouTube - Snowy Car Crashes

YouTube - Real Car Crash

YouTube - Multi Car Crash Snow Slide on Ice, funny and dumb accidents

YouTube - Black Ice can be a real hazard

Old 02-02-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I'm really becoming addicted to YouTube more and more as of late. There's a lot of odd remixes and mish-mashes that I've really come to enjoy. I can't help just shaking my groove thang around the office, campus, or even behind the wheel sometimes!
I like Coldplay...UN-remixed. The rest.... The animals are cute though!!

My ex in NY's FAVORITE song was this...

YouTube - Aqua - Barbie Girl

Everytime he'd play it, I felt like running & jabbing an icepick in my left eye!!!

Old 02-02-2009, 12:51 PM

1,815 posts, read 5,400,821 times
Quote:
Paddy Rock Radio
You might like Mac Talla Mor - MacTalla Mor website

I know the band, they are cousin's of my Brother's partner. They are great live and do concerts all over the east coast.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:56 PM

Default Words Of Wisdom...

The Pastor's A$$

The pastor entered his donkey in a race and it won.

The pastor was so pleased with the donkey
that he entered it in the race
again, and it won again.

The local paper read:
PASTOR'S A$$ OUT FRONT.

The Bishop was so upset with this kind of
publicity that he ordered the
pastor not to enter the donkey in another race.

The next day, the local paper headline read:
BISHOP SCRATCHES PASTOR'S A$$.

This was too much for the bishop, so he
ordered the pastor to get rid of the donkey..

The pastor decided to give it to a nun in a
nearby convent.
The local paper, hearing of the news, posted
the following headline the next day:
NUN HAS BEST A$$ IN TOWN.

The bishop fainted.

He informed the nun that she would have to
get rid of the donkey, so she sold it to a farmer for $10.

The next day the paper read:
NUN SELLS A$$ FOR $10.

This was too much for the bishop, so he
ordered the nun to buy back the donkey and
lead it to the plains where it could run wild.
The next day the headlines read:
NUN ANNOUNCES HER A$$ IS WILD AND FREE.

The bishop was buried the next day.

The moral of the story is . . . being concerned
about public opinion can bring you
much grief and misery . . even shorten your life.

So be yourself and enjoy life.
Stop worrying about everyone else's a$$ and
you'll be a lot happier and live longer!

Old 02-03-2009, 02:57 AM

65 posts, read 141,230 times
Good one George, I loved it!

Old 02-03-2009, 07:35 AM

996 posts, read 3,279,543 times
Loved it George, and I must add, very timely with all that is going on in our diocese!

Old 02-03-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scranton Fedup View Post
I thought this was a Political, forum?? All I see is people talking about barbie doll's and other music?? Is this not where to vent about are local government??? I don't understand??
It's also an "off-topic" thread. For example, anything not directly related to our region (i.e. "Where should I open a new business?", "Which school district is better---Crestwood or Abington Heights?", "How does Scranton's wage tax work?", "How long is the commute from Pittston to Dickson City?", etc.) belongs in this sticky thread. This forum was originally started to be a relocation-oriented one that would connect our transient American society with those who could help assuage their concerns and address their inquiries. Now it has grown so large (500,000+ members) that the original "atmosphere" of this forum (I joined when we still had under 10,000 members) is nearly depleted. Our dedicated moderator, coartist88, posted this thread in order to be a "collection" of sorts for any and all off-topic threads to help de-clutter the forum. This INCLUDES (but is not "limited" to) political discussions of any kind.

As a new member, I'd ask that you refer to our terms of service FIRST before making contributions in this particular thread, as things between we "veterans" got SO heated last week that the original thread was removed, and many of us were chastised for our arguing and irresponsible behaviors. One controversial member even left. Then again, we're only human, and as such sometimes even the most level-headed DO lose their cool. Feel free to post anything politically-oriented on here, but do NOT single out other members for personal attacks (i.e. The Commish is a snot-nosed brat, ScranBarre is a flaming queen, etc.) What flies on Doherty Deceit (which I'm guessing you're familiar with) more often than not will NOT fly here because the bar is set much higher for "decorum."

Otherwise, have fun, and welcome to our forum! I look forward to much spirited debate!

Old 02-03-2009, 09:48 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,584,702 times
Boy you sound, familiar

Last edited by Retired Law 08; 02-03-2009 at 12:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania