Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2009, 08:03 AM

343 posts, read 604,233 times

Advertisements

I have a ton of stuff that my parents used to collect. Most of it came from the Circle Drive-In Flea Market. I was wondering what experiences anyone had selling to an antique dealer vs. an auctioneer. Has anyone ever dealt with Savo Auctioneers in Olyphant (they have a show on WILK Sundays at 3pm)? Thanks for the help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 11:23 AM

1,429 posts, read 3,642,651 times
Most auctioneers take a hefty cut, like 60%. I think you would do better to do a sort of estate sale, like an inside yard sale, and advertise specifically what you have. There is also the papershop and craigslist.

If you have a Remco Movieland, let me know.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:39 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,454,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie2008 View Post
I have a ton of stuff that my parents used to collect. Most of it came from the Circle Drive-In Flea Market. I was wondering what experiences anyone had selling to an antique dealer vs. an auctioneer. Has anyone ever dealt with Savo Auctioneers in Olyphant (they have a show on WILK Sundays at 3pm)? Thanks for the help
Have you thought about selling on Ebay?? I've had good luck selling my aunt's stuff from her estate, & it's not hard to do...

Auctioneers usually take a hefty percentage as scrantonluna mentioned, & even the Ebay stores that sell for you take quite a cut...

Old 02-27-2009, 12:03 PM

343 posts, read 604,233 times
Thanks for the responses. Thing is, I have boxes, upon boxes, upon boxes of mostly figurines and I would think it would be too much of an effort to sell on Ebay. Maybe The Paper Shop would be the way to go but I don't really know.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:23 PM

910 posts, read 2,993,178 times
Theres also places/people in the area that will take your stuff and put it on ebay for you, then take 10-20% of the final sale commission. If it's just sitting in boxes what's the difference what cut someone takes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania