Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 06:23 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,659,872 times

Advertisements

This alligator was at our feet. Yes, we did see him first from the car.
We have previously seen alligators at this water area that is along side a golf course.
Please note: I have since looked up to stay at least 30 feet from a alligator. They are not as slow as you imagine. Never drive over a alligator...they are all muscle and will wreck your car. Just please remember they move fast. I was a bit too close........

A fishing boat at the Calabash......Now.......Here is some fresh sea foods for you. There are restaurants right in that area...

Callahans Calabash Store.......real fun.

The bridge leading over to Ocean Isle, NC
A wonderful place to visit in the summer.......After one storm we saw a ton of homes washed away. No more streets, no more homes.
One stood far out in the ocean. It was sad......
Rebuilding is always going on........but those streets are gone for eternity.

Wow, now that is interesting......hummmmm..

Many walkways are in areas that homes were standing......
Now the beach areas have expanded. I was so glad to see the home that was on the edge of destruction still standing holding its ground.
They had put sandbags that were a heavy plastic filled with sand, to board up the ocean. I guess it worked ok.......The home I always hope to see was there....I could see it through the fog.
We drove by....Its for sale....Any takers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 07:16 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,128,605 times
nice pictures...

Old 03-14-2009, 07:19 PM

Thank you RLaw......Now that Alligator was a bit close mind ya'

Old 03-15-2009, 10:20 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,112,414 times
you're lucky it didn't make a meal of you!!

thanks for thinking of us!

Old 03-15-2009, 03:10 PM

Your welcome.........When I forget my camera like today in Conway.........I kick myself.
But I did have a throw away camera today, and a tiny, little, church "for travelers" was standing ...so I had to go grab that camera and take a picture.
If I ever drop that off, one of these days......
Thanks for enjoying. Its a long process to move everything into photobucket and then here......

Old 03-16-2009, 06:57 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,453,098 times
Nice pix Mrs. Summering!! Yeah, ya don't wanna get TOO close to Mr. Gator!! They move REAL fast!!

It's funny...I've lived in Florida for 10 years now & I've YET to see a gator!! I've even gone out searching for 'em at the locks, the lakes, etc & NOTHING!!

BTW...I posted some pix of the shuttle launch yesterday on the "off-topic" thread....

Old 03-16-2009, 07:16 AM

Oh yep.......We once saw a gator ....Huge guy....just below the golfers at this same pond.
That is why we stopped, we were looking for him. I mean he was a monster....
There is always alligators here in the Huntington Beach State Park. You can walk out on long walkways and look for them. The marsh area is before the picnic and beach ( ocean area) It is a wonderful place to explore.
Years ago there was a lot of alligators at the Barefoot landings water area......but the last few years we have seen none there.
Funny JG. I saw an alligator( wild )in one of the silt areas just around Disney....little, little guy.
To be amazed, the Alligator Adventure up in North Myrtle has hundreds and of all sizes. Now that is something to be around. You feel awfully close to them as they meander around......

Old 03-16-2009, 07:34 AM

307 posts, read 768,355 times
Wonderful pics Summering, thanks for sharing with us!

Old 03-16-2009, 11:09 AM

411 posts, read 1,290,263 times
Hi Summering,
Can't see the pictures from work but you had my attention at Calabash!! That is some good eating! I finally found out what Calabash style means - deep fried in lard! I guess even that isn't too bad for you every once in a while. We stayed at Sunset Beach last Memorial Day. That is an awesome place. Hopefully we will go back this summer.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:57 AM

Its so funny that we go there each year, and we don't eat fish. But, it is a heaven for fish lovers...lots of restaurants getting fresh fish off those boats........it has to be good.
Sunset beach is awesome with the little old bridge. The very new causeway/bridge is being built right now.........but the little guy is still working.
What happens is, people will miss the "old fashioned" quaint bridge......it is so charming.
We visited Sunset last year...........this year we turned at the bridge.
What fun that must be in summer. That sounds like a place to have a great vacation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania