Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 10:49 AM

2,834 posts, read 10,767,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by poconosmama View Post
oooo yes the pied piper lady is nutty - you've been fully warned!

Honestly...when you REALLY think about....you can never be 'fully' warned.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 01:52 PM

33 posts, read 102,029 times
That intersection is a "nightmare", but I wouldn't put it past Rite Aid to build right across from CVS or vice versa for that matter. If we lived in the city it would be Starbucks next to one another. Too bad it's not Walmart.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:24 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktygirl View Post
That intersection is a "nightmare", but I wouldn't put it past Rite Aid to build right across from CVS or vice versa for that matter. If we lived in the city it would be Starbucks next to one another. Too bad it's not Walmart.
I'm with you on the Walmart. Hey, you should start a petition and submit it to Walmart.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:09 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,659,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
I'm sure there are a lot of dirty kitchens, but I doubt they are crawling with rats here in Hamlin. There is a web-site that you can see the recent inspections for the Dept. of Agriculture. If you read the violations of this Chinese Buffet compared to other Restaurants, you would see the difference. Also...that decrepid house that is right past McDonalds...that is where they all live and I've heard they prepare food there also. Dirt is one thing...but when you here of people getting E-Coli...(from feces), then that is where I draw the line.
You're right Donna, they do live in that house by McDonald's that is almost falling down. When I used to work at Ames about 11 years ago, we used to see them all walking single file from that house to the restaurant when we were on our break. It's funny, that house looked the same 11 years ago as it does now.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:32 PM

307 posts, read 768,833 times
They (the chinese workers) don't all live in that house. Some might, but they also have a beautiful bi level home they live in. I don't eat there, but I don't think it is any worse than any of the other restaurants in the area.

I personally do not want a walmart anywhere around here. They suck the life out of the community, and shut down every small business in the area. It also cheapens the whole neighborhood. The meat they sell is outright dangerous!

Old 04-23-2009, 04:38 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,659,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinpa View Post
They (the chinese workers) don't all live in that house. Some might, but they also have a beautiful bi level home they live in. I don't eat there, but I don't think it is any worse than any of the other restaurants in the area.

I personally do not want a walmart anywhere around here. They suck the life out of the community, and shut down every small business in the area. It also cheapens the whole neighborhood. The meat they sell is outright dangerous!
I personally don't like going to the Wal-Mart in Dickson City. I can't stand the class of people that frequent that store. I prefer Honesdale. You have to admit that Wal-Mart has great prices and a good selection of products. For all the people on this forum complaining about it, the parking lot is never empty and the flow of cars going in out never stops. They must be doing something right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania