Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 08:32 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,584,702 times

Advertisements

I recently finished the course and will be taking the state exam soon. I'll let you know how it is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 09:03 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
I recently finished the course and will be taking the state exam soon. I'll let you know how it is!
Good luck! Great! Now I'll have you, Roxxy, AND Karen all fighting over me to be my buyer's agent and pocket my commission if and when I do come back "home" to buy my condo in Wilkes-Barre! LOL!

Old 07-26-2009, 07:16 AM

936 posts, read 2,398,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
Best of luck on the test!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Good luck! Great! Now I'll have you, Roxxy, AND Karen all fighting over me to be my buyer's agent and pocket my commission if and when I do come back "home" to buy my condo in Wilkes-Barre! LOL!
I cannot get my image up of three women fighting, so use your imagination, lol!!!

Old 07-31-2009, 01:18 PM

3 posts, read 3,818 times
Roxxy, I took my courses on the weekend at Nichols Village in Clarks Summit with Schlicher Kratz Institutue (800-364-0380). They do a good job. I'm a part time Realtor. I do okay with it as a part time business but I work a little harder than the full time agents in keeping up with what's going on in the market. I'm limited with the amount of floor time that I can commit to so a lot of my business is referrals. Karen had some great points - be as honest with your clients as you can and find a broker that is a good fit for you. It's a very rewarding career if you choose to pursue it.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:25 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,555,281 times
Check out the Dispatch (this week) for one of the top selling producers in the Milford area. It's amazing things how some realtors say it's slow and some are go getters and selling houses.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:56 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,555,281 times
Roxxy, I did not know if you knew this or not. Under the US forums, there is a realtor thread and they are very informative and helpful. I am sure if you pose a question there, they will come to your aid. I follow this thread and there is a lot of good information out there.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDIAMOND64 View Post
Roxxy, I did not know if you knew this or not. Under the US forums, there is a realtor thread and they are very informative and helpful. I am sure if you pose a question there, they will come to your aid. I follow this thread and there is a lot of good information out there.

Thanks I will check it out!

Old 08-06-2009, 08:10 PM

64 posts, read 234,915 times
If I had it to do over, I'd take a classroom-based classes instead of online ones. I did WAY more work than was necessary to prepare for the exam. That made the exam a piece of cake, but I'd rather have been working sooner than studying longer.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtHomeInThePoconos View Post
If I had it to do over, I'd take a classroom-based classes instead of online ones. I did WAY more work than was necessary to prepare for the exam. That made the exam a piece of cake, but I'd rather have been working sooner than studying longer.
Thanks for the advice. I am now taking Medical Billing at Lackawanna College and before I chose to go to a classroom weighed-in on doing it on line. I thought that being in a classroom would make the course easier. And I am glad I made the decision to do it this way. I need to be able to ask questions and I am better at listening to a lecture than reading it.

When I am done at Lackwanna I will follow up on the Realty license.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:38 AM

64 posts, read 234,915 times
Good luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania