Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 02:00 PM

880 posts, read 2,024,604 times

Advertisements

KarenRice
.I should have a penny every time I heard someone say NOT MY CHILD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 02:07 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,007,801 times
Yep, I know, Steve. People need to realize that they really owe their children discipline....that by not disciplining their children they are harming them.

Last edited by KarenRice; 08-11-2009 at 02:25 PM..

Old 08-11-2009, 02:12 PM

106,634 posts, read 108,773,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinbloom View Post
First let me say, I am glad it was not your child involved. While it is nice to always believe in your child...I have learned that ALL kids make mistakes...I would do as I said in my previous post. Sometimes the I don't know response is just not an acceptable answer. As much as I love my children and think they are good people there were times when the older two were growing up I had to rely on the old adage"...if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, walks like a duck...IT IS A DUCK". It was hard...but common sense is common sense. While I am not saying the child in question stole it, they sure know who did and how the darn thing got in THEIR DRAWER!

Well said, it saved me the job of typing pretty much the same thing

Old 08-11-2009, 02:15 PM

307 posts, read 768,441 times
Well the child should have brought the wallet to his/her parent and since they didnt, I wouldnt believe them. The child and the wallet would be visiting the owner of the wallet, and if there was anything missing the child would be replacing it.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:17 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,623,869 times
When I was I was about 5 yrs. old I nabbed a candy bar from the corner store...I was marched right back there and made to tell what I did and apologize.. I can still remember it vividly.. and a lesson learned I never forgot...but those were simpler days , when a neighbor would just as soon as see you do something wrong and give you a crack... then you would be too scared to tell your parents for fear of getting another one...

Last edited by johnqpublic; 08-11-2009 at 02:27 PM..

Old 08-11-2009, 02:32 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,007,801 times
This situation happened to me about 10 years ago. My wallet was stolen from my place of work...I worked with school age children. I asked all the kids (5 - 9 year olds) to look for it. I promised a reward to anyone who returned it. I even said I wouldn't ask any questions. No luck.

A few weeks later I got the call from his mom, she had found it in his bedroom. I can't remember if it was in his closet or in his dresser. I was astonished to find that she would not punish him or even make him apologize...nothing...because he wouldn't admit to taking it. !!!

What prompted this discussion is now, 10 years later, I see that this "kid" was arrested and found guilty of...breaking and entering...and assault.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:37 PM

Kqren
I'm telling you from experience I know a person who said NOT MY SON.Guess what this guy has been in and out of jail for the last 40 years.His younger brother followed him and at this moment Both are in jail.Tell your friend for the kids sake.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:38 PM

1,815 posts, read 5,399,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenRice View Post
This situation happened to me about 10 years ago. My wallet was stolen from my place of work...I worked with school age children. I asked all the kids (5 - 9 year olds) to look for it. I promised a reward to anyone who returned it. I even said I wouldn't ask any questions. No luck.

A few weeks later I got the call from his mom, she had found it in his bedroom. I can't remember if it was in his closet or in his dresser. I was astonished to find that she would not punish him or even make him apologize...nothing...because he wouldn't admit to taking it. !!!

What prompted this discussion is now, 10 years later, I see that this "kid" was arrested and found guilty of...breaking and entering...and assault.
And I bet this kid's mommy still thinks her precious one is getting a bum rap and didn't really mean to do it...

Old 08-11-2009, 02:40 PM

331 posts, read 639,679 times
Haha, my best friend growing up was "THIS KID." He has been in and out of jail ever since HS. Totally strung out, always looking for the next fix. His mom blamed all of his problems on me.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:47 PM

Marchawg
Ever see the picture GOODFELLAS?I grew up with these guys one was a preachers son.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania