Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2009, 10:52 PM

12 posts, read 32,794 times

Advertisements

Which schools service which parts of the district? I believe there are 3: Clarks Summit Elementary on Grove, S. Abington Elementary on N. Blvd and Waverly Elementary on Waverly Rd. We currently live in Clarks Green so I'm not sure if we'd be covered under Clarks Summit or Waverly.

Do any of these schools in the AHSD offer pre-K?
How do they compare to one another in size and quality?
Is Our Lady of Peace the only Catholic school in the Abingtons? How does OLP compare to the Abington schools on the elem. level?
Any other private schools worth looking into in the Abingtons?

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 09:55 AM

14 posts, read 51,078 times
My family have only been living in AH for a couple of years now, but we can answer some of your questions.

1) We moved to the district that our son would go to Clark Summit Elementary, specifically so our son could go to a really good pre-k center (Kindercare - located on Morgan Hwy). They have an awesome pre-k program with a challenging curriculum for the kids. (KinderCare® Learning Centers | Child Care & Education, Day Care Services). Plus, they transport the kids to and from school with their own bus. Very nice.

2) From talking to friends around the community, I can tell you that all the schools up here are based on the same program and all have excellent quality. I have absolutely no complaints and havn't heard any from others either.

3) I can't comment on the private schools.

As far as which schools service which parts of the district. Those lines are sketchy. The only advice I could gve you here is to call the school with the address you have (or are planning to have).

Cheers,
Scott

Old 09-19-2009, 04:01 PM

41 posts, read 124,400 times
There is a 4th AH Elem. school, but it would not be one your child would go to. It's on Newton-Ransom Blvd., and serves Newton and Ransom.

I would also recommend calling the district to see what school your child be go to. If I had to guess, I would say Clarks Summit, if you live within the actual Clarks Green boundries. But again, that's just my guess.

I don't have any info on how OLP compares to AH. I do know that there is a Catholic Church, St. Gregory's, next door to OLP, that offeres pre-K and Kindergarten classes. I believe that St. Gregory's kindergarten class is full day, but I cannot swear to it. I do know that all kindergarten classes in the AH district are still half-day.

Like the above poster noted, most of the pre-schools that also offer day care and/or before and after school care have busses to bring your child to and from the AH schools.

Best of luck!

None of the AH schools offer pre-K. You would need to choose a private pre-school. The good news is that there are several to choose from in the Abington area. Some fill fast, however, so I would recommend seeing them early.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania