Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 09:09 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,584,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Bloe View Post
Where did I say that BS ?? Did I mention anything in that post about "careers, material things, and money" ??????????

What I said was that if you want a quieter lifestyle, NEPA seems perfect for that.
Well you actually did say that "BS". Go Phillies quoted your original post. If it was taken out of context then please, enlighten us...what did you mean by saying "NEPA might not be the place if you're still pursuing something in life".?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 09:10 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
So you're assuming that only people whose lives revolve around careers, material things, and money are pursuing "something" in life....

I know right? LOL The cosmopolitans on this thread really have a lot to learn. The irony is amazing, no?

Old 10-07-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenRice View Post
That's fine. What annoys a lot of people is the tone of disdain that is often detected - in this very thread - from those who DO want to run the rat race and who never took "The Cat's In the Cradle" song too seriously.....

Last edited by Magritte25; 10-07-2009 at 09:48 AM..

Old 10-07-2009, 09:18 AM

1,305 posts, read 2,624,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Sure, its so horrible here........then why are people fleeing NY/NJ like a sinking ship and flocking here?

Unless you're from the "big city" you must be a toothless inbred hick who can only hope for a $7/hour job, right, until of course we're enlightened by the intellectual hordes coming in from NY, and then we'll get all that there fancy book larnin'??

ok I know I will take a whipping for this one, but I didnt write it, Im just passing it along....

Q Why is California slowly slipping into the ocean???
A Because New Jersey sucks so much!!!!

Lock and load people!!!

Old 10-07-2009, 09:28 AM

232 posts, read 612,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
Well you actually did say that "BS". Go Phillies quoted your original post. If it was taken out of context then please, enlighten us...what did you mean by saying "NEPA might not be the place if you're still pursuing something in life".?
No EG, I did not say "careers, material things, money", GP did !!!

If YOUR interpretation of "pursuing things" means money, career, material things, fine but don't claim I said that. I think what an individual "pursues" in life can be many different things.

I will try to clarrify though so I don't hurt anyone's feelings for not wanting to be in the rat race. If you are at a point in your life where you are no longer pushing hard to achieve things (whether or not they are the things mentioned) and want to lead a nice quiet life out of the rat race, NEPA is a great area to do it.

For me at this point in my life, I need the rat race........................

Old 10-07-2009, 09:30 AM

Quote:
I think many NEPA natives want this lifestyle. Not too concerned with building a career, plannig for the future, etc...

It is very clear there is not a lot of "get up and go" there, quite content to have an "average" life.

To some of us who want so much more out of life, hard to identify with that lifestyle.
Quote:
Isn't that exactly what I'm trying to say? Isn't that identifying a difference between NEPA and NJ/NY (isn't that what this thread is somewhat about, no?)? If you are happy with a quieter lifestyle, NEPA is great. For some of us who are still aggressively pursuing something in life, NEPA may not be the area to be.

Did I ever say it was wrong being happy in that lifestyle ??

Give ME a break, what a joke is right !!

You didn't have to say it. Your first post quoted here says it all.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
You didn't have to say it. Your first post quoted here says it all.
You don't have a clue, do you ?

Old 10-07-2009, 10:20 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,530,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentown View Post
I came up with a great idea. Since most of us native NEPA people are sick of hearing all the whining and complaining about how much better everything is in NY and NJ compared to here, how about we just start a thread devoted to it? Have fun!

Let's get back to the FUN comments please. As someone who has moved around quite a bit, I've got to say that that there are good and bad things about every single place I've lived. Instead of trying to compare the old places it's much more enjoyable to just explore the new and be happy with what you've found.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:22 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,954,370 times
Quote:
You don't have a clue, do you ?
No worries dude, dudette, it is the internet let it roll off your back like a duck with water...maybe a L.I. duck! LOl, I made a funny!

Old 10-07-2009, 12:10 PM

LIB,

Thanks, rolled looooong ago !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania