Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2007, 08:51 AM

422 posts, read 2,005,884 times

Advertisements

Congrats!! Way To Go!!!

Old 09-29-2007, 03:46 PM

2 posts, read 11,186 times
Hi Molly, thanks for the offer...

Aside from Wallenpaupack, what are some good powerboat lakes with no motor restrictions...for boating, jet skiing, etc.

I am looking to buy a waterfront lot of land. Any info on that?

Thanks so much!

Old 09-29-2007, 04:02 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ise View Post
Hey! I got the job!
I'll be a lift attendant/operator at camelback!!!
I'm so, so happy!
Too bad I have to wait till December to go there

Well, if anyone has any other information about Camelback and surroundings, and places to buy warm clothes, i'll be glad
Wow...... I am so, so happy for you
Ok now.......you do know the top of that mountain is very, very, very, cold.
It is a fact that right now Summering can go up there and look out at beautiful mountain colors, and the fall foilage. But, when winter arrives, they close the road going up there.........up to the very top anyhow, for the public. ( It is so beautiful right now up the very top, I wish you could see it, in fact there are tables for picnics)
Hopefully you will be in the lower level by the lodge.......a smidgeon warmer.
Are you prepared for leaving the warm, warm climate and facing the winter wilds.......
You will need the warmest mittens you can find. Probably some insulated undergarments, and the warmest coat, hat you can manage. Scarfs I think are frowned on as getting caught up.........
So when you get here.........you might want to go to the Pocono Walmart for some things.......If you find nothing Target is down 611 past the outlets.
The Outlets are not all that inexpensive for someone just starting a job.
So off to Target or while entering there there is a TJMax with some pretty hip things.
Its going to be cold, but quite beautiful........Christmas will be in the air.
The lodge is beautiful, we had a wedding there once and stayed over.
Just be so, very prepared for the snow flying and the cold..........
But sometimes the sun is out, and shining and I can make for some beautiful days.............Not sure what type of winter we will have this year. Sometimes its worse then other times.........Wow, two months, and your there..............Hurray.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:09 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bri0052 View Post
Hi Molly, thanks for the offer...

Aside from Wallenpaupack, what are some good powerboat lakes with no motor restrictions...for boating, jet skiing, etc.

I am looking to buy a waterfront lot of land. Any info on that?

Thanks so much!
from Summering.......
In the Pocono area with no Motor restrictions is Beltzville Lake, in Carbon County. Homes are close by, but not on that lake. The lake is huge, and has many coves for swimming, fishing, etc.
Come to think of it for a home on the lake, or across from a lake........
you might enjoy Harveys Lake, which has no motor restrictions as far as I know. That is up past Dallas, Pa.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:51 PM

422 posts, read 2,005,884 times
Summering!!! YOU STOLE MY ANSWER!! Beltzville and Harveys lake!!! LOL

Old 09-29-2007, 07:24 PM

8 posts, read 33,483 times
Hello all,
we currently reside on Long Island and about 3 years ago purchased a vacation/retirement home in Pocono Lake about a mile down the road from Arrowhead Lake Community. We bought this home for the peace, tranquility & wildlife. We have noticed that their's alot more traffic, noise and less wildlife in the area, this is why we are now looking to for a better area & County. We have been looking for a home with acreage zoned for Horses, clean and green or agriculture. We have been looking in Susquehanna, Luzurne & Wayne Counties. Today we visited the Pleasant Mount area and found it to be beautiful can anyone give us some input on these areas.
Thanks in advance for any info.

sad in Monroe County : (

Old 09-29-2007, 07:27 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,555,281 times
I hear Susquehanna County is attracting many people. I do not know where it is but that is what I hear from various people looking for new and exciting areas. Sorry I can not help more. Wayne county is very nice and less takes than Pike, I believe.

Old 09-29-2007, 07:53 PM

8 posts, read 33,483 times
Thank you HighHat for your input.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:31 PM

32,619 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie677 View Post
Hello all,
we currently reside on Long Island and about 3 years ago purchased a vacation/retirement home in Pocono Lake about a mile down the road from Arrowhead Lake Community. We bought this home for the peace, tranquility & wildlife. We have noticed that their's alot more traffic, noise and less wildlife in the area, this is why we are now looking to for a better area & County. We have been looking for a home with acreage zoned for Horses, clean and green or agriculture. We have been looking in Susquehanna, Luzurne & Wayne Counties. Today we visited the Pleasant Mount area and found it to be beautiful can anyone give us some input on these areas.
Thanks in advance for any info.

sad in Monroe County : (
While areas between Scranton/Wilkes-Barre and Monroe County are likely to become sprawled out in the upcoming years as the growth in the Poconos starts to spill over the county lines, areas to the north and west of the cities (for the most part) should remain unspoiled and tranquil for quite some time to come. I'd avoid much of the Back Mountain area in Luzerne County and The Abingtons area in Lackawanna County, as both of these areas have been growing steadily as of late and have also been experiencing growing pains, just like Monroe County.

There are some areas in far northwest Luzerne County that you may very well like, including North Lake, Lake Silkworth, or Lake Jean. Harvey's Lake is gorgeous, but it's been discovered by the New Yorkers, so now prices are rising accordingly as cute smaller lake cottages are torn down and replaced by retirment McMansions. There's also an unsightly new sprawling townhome community called "Marina Pointe" that has ruined the gateway to the lake---the developer should be ashamed of himself for putting up big walls of vinyl siding as soon as you enter town.

Wyoming County in its entirety is too far off the beaten path to attract much in the way of new growth. Its county seat of Tunkhannock (check out my photo tour of that town) is very historic and has a lot of basic conveniences (including a Wal-Mart), but you'll have to drive to Scranton/Wilkes-Barre for most of your needs. Quite possibly one of the nicest undiscovered communities in the Endless Mountains is the community of Wyalusing, which I plan to likewise do a photo tour of next week. It is a village with a growing artists' community right along scenic U.S. Route 6 about midway between Tunkhannock and Towanda, PA (also a beautiful historic small town). Some lake options to consider here would be Lake Carey or Lake Winola.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHighHat View Post
I hear Susquehanna County is attracting many people. I do not know where it is but that is what I hear from various people looking for new and exciting areas. Sorry I can not help more. Wayne county is very nice and less takes than Pike, I believe.
Susquehanna County is the county sandwiched between Scranton and Binghamton, NY. It is growing, but its growth has been very slow. The county seat of Montrose is just like a rural Vermont village with a short Main Street lined with brick buildings rising up a hill to the county courthouse with a town green and gazebo nearby. They have an annual blueberry festival there that attracts tourists from both the Binghamton and Scranton metro areas. The town is very isolated though, so you'll have to drive to one of those two cities for your needs. I don't know of any lake communities in that county, but I know the Elk Mountain Ski Resort has some housing options nearby just north of Forest City.

Last edited by SteelCityRising; 09-29-2007 at 09:38 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 09-29-2007, 10:08 PM

253 posts, read 997,158 times
Default Boating Restrictions

To add... LAKE Henry has no motor boat restrictions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania