Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 06:35 PM

1,935 posts, read 3,162,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal111 View Post
Maybe she is emancipated.
Emancipated???? Didn't know slavery was still in effect...

[/quote] Real Navy men are gentlemen and would never speak that way. [/quote]

A real man/woman isn't afraid to speak their mind...obviously I'm not...and I'm no less a gentlemen or Navy vet for doing so...I don't live with my head buried in the sand like the rest of you civilians...

Old 01-04-2010, 06:35 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,402,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWebb View Post
Yeah right...Again...where were/are the parents throughout all this???? and why wasn't her pregnancy at 13 reported to Child Welfare Services??...so you're saying it was ok for her to get pregnant at 13 because it wasn't her fault but the guy???...like I said where are/were the parents and why didn't the hospital report this the first time...

So ... She is the VIRGIN MOTHER ???
Conceiving without contribution by a man? [/quote]

Again...where were/are the parents???

[/quote] Paying taxes and abiding law ??? This ia all that makes a great mother? [/quote]

She may end up being a great mother or is one already...but there is no justifying celebrating this in the press REGARDLESS of the situation...all of you can turn this around any which way you can but it stays the same anyway you look at it...another teen pregnancy that other young girls can read about in the press and feel it's ok to get pregnant at any age...that's what WIC, welfare, food stamps, and taxpayer's are for...to foot the bill!![/quote]

Thank GAWD young men are so much smarter than young girls FFS.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:36 PM

418 posts, read 1,352,601 times
I declare this horse dead. ... Adio

Old 01-04-2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
She first got pregnant at 14. So that right there says something about her, her family and the man that impregnated her.

And OM DEAR GOD how can you possibly say that the man who got her pregnant doesn't "apply here"? Yes he DOES. He is 1/2 of this equation. It thoroughly disgusts me that you feel that this man has no blame in the situation.

What do you expect the girl and the children to do?!

Starve?!
Never once did I say the father of the children is not to blame...I'm not disagreeing with you or anyone else on some points...but was she forced??...was it a family member maybe?? or someone the parents knew and didn't give a (you know what)...we'll never know...but the man is not solely at blame here...at 13 or 14 years of age...why didn't the hospital report this to Child Welfare Services?????

Old 01-04-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Real Navy men are gentlemen and would never speak that way. [/quote]

A real man/woman isn't afraid to speak their mind...obviously I'm not...and I'm no less a gentlemen or Navy vet for doing so...I don't live with my head buried in the sand like the rest of you civilians...[/quote]

Wow. Here is the legal definition of emancipation of minors:

EMANCIPATION AND THE LEGAL RIGHTS OF MINORS (http://www.clcm.org/minors_rights.htm - broken link)

A real man and woman doesn't degrade those he doesn't know. Even if they feel the individual in question is wrong they hold *some* class as to not denigrate themselves to act as they are accusing the other individual to act. My father was a Navy serviceman and he would never, ever have lowered himself to the depths of which you have displayed on this thread.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:40 PM

[/quote]Thank GAWD young men are so much smarter than young girls FFS. [/quote]

Next month I'll be 50...so I'll take that as a compliment!!

Old 01-04-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Never once did I say the father of the children is not to blame...I'm not disagreeing with you or anyone else on some points...but was she forced??...was it a family member maybe?? or someone the parents knew and didn't give a (you know what)...we'll never know...but the man is not solely at blame here...at 13 or 14 years of age...why didn't the hospital report this to Child Welfare Services?????

Hmmm let's see: a young girl gives birth at 14 and continues to have sex until she has two more children before she even reaches adulthood.

No, that doesn't scream mental and emotional issues AT ALL.

I know! I know! We will splash her story all over the front page of the newspapers and let the public tear her to shreds. That'll help!

GMAFB.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
My father was a Navy serviceman and he would never, ever have lowered himself to the depths of which you have displayed on this thread.
Like I said...I'm not afraid to speak my mind!! Never have been!!

Old 01-04-2010, 06:42 PM

947 posts, read 1,648,842 times
Quote:
Real Navy men are gentlemen and would never speak that way. [/quote]

A real man/woman isn't afraid to speak their mind...obviously I'm not...and I'm no less a gentlemen or Navy vet for doing so...I don't live with my head buried in the sand like the rest of you civilians...[/quote]

Yes, emancipated!! It is a legal term and does not just apply to slavery. Teenagers can become emancipated from their parents or out of the foster care system by the courts. In other words, they can legally live on their own and live as an adult while still under the age of 18.

Speaking your mind is one thing... maligning someone is another. And by the way, my family has served in every war and covering every branch of the military and the merchant marines. They have never spoken like that to about anyone whether they knew them or not.

Now let me remind you of something, free speech may be your right, but using it wisely is your responsibility. I do not believe you are using it wisely in this instance.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:42 PM

Thank GAWD young men are so much smarter than young girls FFS. [/quote]

Next month I'll be 50...so I'll take that as a compliment!![/quote]

Don't. You are just lucky you don't have an outward, visible sign of your sexuality as women do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania