Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 06:44 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,344,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWebb View Post
Like I said...I'm not afraid to speak my mind!! Never have been!!

Neither was my father. But he did it with a lot of intelligence and a smidge of class.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:45 PM

1,935 posts, read 3,150,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Don't. You are just lucky you don't have an outward, visible sign of your sexuality as women do.
Like I said...I'm not disagreeing with you or anyone on SOME points...I just don't think it was in her best interests or that of young girls growing up that will see/read this story and think it's ok to go and get pregnant at a young age...I'm pretty sure you'll agree with that...her story and her emotional issue's (if she has any at the moment) shouldn't be glorified in the press...

Old 01-04-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Like I said...I'm not disagreeing with you or anyone on SOME points...I just don't think it was in her best interests or that of young girls growing up that will see/read this story and think it's ok to go and get pregnant at a young age...I'm pretty sure you'll agree with that...her story and her emotional issue's (if she has any at the moment) shouldn't be glorified in the press...

I agree. But that isn't HER fault. It's the PAPER'S fault for exploiting her.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:51 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,666,647 times
Quote:
Well, Eyes...that's why we have the constitutional right to freedom of speech...but, in reality, it happens...just because that doesn't make the newspapers or evening news on 69 doesn't mean it's not happening in America!!
What did you state that was so wrong, I agree with you. Some people can't handle the hard, cold reality of the real world, they want to hide in some fantasyland and pretend nothing is wrong.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:53 PM

Ok...if it's not her fault...then why wasn't Child Services notified by the hospital when she had the first one?? That alone is a serious miscarriage of responsibility by the hospital...don't you think??

Old 01-04-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
What did you state that was so wrong, I agree with you. Some people can't handle the hard, cold reality of the real world, they want to hide in some fantasyland and pretend nothing is wrong.
Exactly my point, NYR...like I said in one of my earlier posts...I don't live with my head in the sand like most others in America and I'm not afraid to speak my mind either...I'm not saying the man is not responsible in this case also but where was Child Services when she had the first baby?? Why didn't the hospital report this?? This is something the county and state should be looking into after reading this story....

Old 01-04-2010, 07:00 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,666,647 times
Quote:
Ok...if it's not her fault...then why wasn't Child Services notified by the hospital when she had the first one?? That alone is a serious miscarriage of responsibility by the hospital...don't you think??
What was she thinking when she managed to get herself impregnated for a third time before her 18th birthday? I believe the man should take responsibility too, but why would she act so irresponsible? Does she not now what birth control is? Why couldn't she make the man wear a condom or was she raped and this was beyond her control. All we're saying is, what rational and sane 17 year old would want a third child at her age? This is not normal behavior and should not be acceptable. I'm against abortion and these children should not have been aborted, but her parents are totally irresponsible and sexual reckless to let his happen 3 times.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post

Oh gee...I don't know what was wrong with what he said. All he said was that the girl was the victim of incest, that the father bore no responsibility because of her age, etc....yeah I don't see what was so wrong with that.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:

Yes, of course it is. Why didn't you say that in the first place?

Old 01-04-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Exactly my point, NYR...like I said in one of my earlier posts...I don't live with my head in the sand like most others in America and I'm not afraid to speak my mind either...I'm not saying the man is not responsible in this case also but where was Child Services when she had the first baby?? Why didn't the hospital report this?? This is something the county and state should be looking into after reading this story....

I don't live my head in the sand either. But I certainly do NOT blame girls with ill equipped parents and all the cards stacked against her in the cases like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania