Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2010, 04:50 PM

2 posts, read 7,254 times

Advertisements

I am considering purchasing a vacation home in the Arrowhead Lakes Community, and was wondering if anyone could tell me a little or a lot about the area. demographics, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 08:32 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,827,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janiner View Post
I am considering purchasing a vacation home in the Arrowhead Lakes Community, and was wondering if anyone could tell me a little or a lot about the area. demographics, etc.
There are many vacation home type communities in Monroe county and by virtually any measure, Arrowhead would be considered one of the best. Well established and run, nice ammenities, gated, and relatively large as vacation communities go (2000+ homes.) Very low foreclosure rates which is an excellent sign. Enjoy.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:32 AM

2 posts, read 7,254 times
Thanks for your input. I'm digging around different blogs, and they seem to be favorable.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:51 AM

4 posts, read 13,281 times
Default Welcom to the Poconos (almost)

Arrowhead is a great location. We have built quite a few homes in AHL but that's not why I recommend it. The owner of our company owns a home in AHL. I've built homes there and have made good friends with my clients. You'll love it.

Old 03-18-2010, 05:33 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,111,043 times
www.arrowheadca.org Arrowhead has two lakes, three swimming pools and playgrounds, among other ammenities. They plan activities on a constant basis, so there is always something going on there. The people are very nice, and for those wanting to use their vacation homes as an investment - they will have great results renting their homes in this Pocono Lake community. My company has also built many homes in Arrowhead Lakes, and I can tell you that you will find this community to be worth checking into. If Arrowhead Lakes does not float your boat for some reason, in close proximity are Locust Lake Village Welcome to Locust Lake Village (LLVPOA) and
Lake Naomi Lake Naomi Pennsylvania Recreational Community – PA Vacation Rentals, Lakefront Homes, Kids Camp, Family Resort, Tennis Center

Old 03-18-2010, 09:49 PM

734 posts, read 1,635,751 times
Just be careful of what you buy. The second house listed for sale on the Arrowhead website is a horror. I rented it once and the place is falling apart. The fireplace is not safe, the heat is not correctly installed and is not sufficient for the house. The electric fried one TV and sparks would emit from some outlets. I could tell you more if need be but DM me for it. Don't want to say much more here.
I don't know if it is mandatory to have a house inspection done but I would have someone that is a real professional go over any house there with a fine tooth comb.

Old 03-19-2010, 06:01 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,111,043 times
Great point J5K5LY , A lot of the homes in Arrowhead were built in the late 70's thru the 80's building boom, and from doing home improvements in there I can tell you that an inspection is important. It sucks that you rented a place that was not enjoyable. I know a few folks who rent their places in there, that are nice..if you ever re-visit & want to rent again, dm me.

Old 03-19-2010, 07:13 PM

734 posts, read 1,635,751 times
Thanks poconoproud!
I'm sure the newer houses in there are nice and safe but some of the older ones are downright dangerous! Alot have wood stoves also and they need to be checked for safety. One place I was in had a chimney fire!
I think that there were no building codes in Pa or at least that area until a few years ago. You'd know better than me. Scary thought! Not even sure about that now cuz the owner of that house I was talking about did the wiring and heat himself. Never inspected but he sure had a sticker on the circuit box. hmmm... Heck, the downstairs outlets are upside down! LOL

Old 12-08-2013, 07:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,995 times
I'm currently looking to buy a house in AHL as well, and looking for a good realtor and seller, even better. Russian speaking is preferred, but not a must. Please let me know! Oksana 917-943-0977
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania