Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 12:08 PM

3 posts, read 4,263 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone on this site can help me out with something. I'm looking for a high-end neighborhoods or Sub divisions that have about 300+ homes within and price range anywhere from 800,900K - 1 or 2mil.

I've seen few but doesn't seem to have more than 300 houses within the neighborhoods......

Thank you so much for your input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 12:36 PM

270 posts, read 908,561 times
You should be able to find this information on the city data part of this website. I took one neighborhood (Villa May) that I thought might meet your criteria and entered it, but there are not enough houses to qualify for your criteria. You should be able to search other neighborhoods there.

https://www.city-data.com/neighborhoo...andria-VA.html

Old 09-21-2010, 12:42 PM

8,983 posts, read 21,156,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topbox View Post
Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone on this site can help me out with something. I'm looking for a high-end neighborhoods or Sub divisions that have about 300+ homes within and price range anywhere from 800,900K - 1 or 2mil.

I've seen few but doesn't seem to have more than 300 houses within the neighborhoods......

Thank you so much for your input!
Where will you be working? That will be important as well as traffic can be a bear no matter what neighborhood you live in.

Also, are you looking for something in a quasi-urban upscale neighborhood? Or a more "traditional" suburban cul-de-sac? Both can be found in NOVA for over seven figures.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:43 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times
200 homes or so, give or take, I can think of a few off the top of my head, but I cannot think of any that are 300+ homes in the price range specified.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 09-21-2010, 12:47 PM

216 posts, read 632,752 times
Are you looking for a place to live or are you trying to sell some kind of a product or service to this type of neighborhood?

Old 09-21-2010, 01:03 PM

3 posts, read 4,263 times
I'm looking for a place to live.
Thanks Kevbros, I'll check out the link!

Old 09-21-2010, 01:20 PM

216 posts, read 632,752 times
It's not clear what you mean by "high-end". For example, McLean is generally considered a high-end suburb, mainly by virtue of its convenient location, but many houses there, even those in your price range, would not be that luxurious. There is a few larger subdivisions in McLean to check out: Evans Farm (although may be above your range), Evermay and the McLean Hamlet (this one is more on the lower end of the range). Also, there are some nice subdivisions along Route 7 once you get west of Tyson's Corner - something like Colvin Run Estates, I think, and a few others.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:21 PM

8,983 posts, read 21,156,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
200 homes or so, give or take, I can think of a few off the top of my head, but I cannot think of any that are 300+ homes in the price range specified.
Yeah my first thought was Great Falls and western Loudoun County in general...until I re-read and saw the OP meant more than 300 homes.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:53 PM

Chain Bridge Forest in Arlington would also be a consideration, but it's not on the order of 300+ homes in the same community. And, they're not cookie cutter homes, but a diversity of architectural styles that are generally in excess of $1M.

Fairfax Station, in general, is going to have the number of houses and relative affluence, as does Clifton, but no single development of 300+ homes.

City-Data FAQs

Old 09-21-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone509 View Post
Yeah my first thought was Great Falls and western Loudoun County in general...until I re-read and saw the OP meant more than 300 homes.
Yes, that's the difficult part...300+ in the same development. As an area, Great Falls would also be on my list, too.

City-Data FAQs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia