Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2013, 07:35 AM

9 posts, read 54,080 times

Advertisements

Hi all!
My husband and I are beginning to look for homes in the Ashburn/Leesburg area. We are drawn to Leesburg b/c we can get more house for our money...ie a single family home. In our search I've found that many homes in the Foxridge subdivision are for sale. This is exciting b/c the homes seem to be nice SFH's that are affordable! But at the same time I have to wonder why it seems so many people are wanting to move and get out of there. I'm new to NOVA so I'm trying to do my research.

Does anyone have any insight into Foxridge and why it may or may not be desirable? We don't have kids yet but plan to soon.

Any other suggestions/opinions about Leesburg areas to go towards or stay away from?

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 08:04 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,518,443 times
Good choice choosing Leesburg over Ashburn, Ashburn is just one big suburban neighborhood, Leesburg feels like a real town. Fox ridge is a good neighborhood in the Loudoun County High School district. From what I've heard, LCHS is the best of the 3 high schools in Leesburg. There really is no place to stay away from in Leesburg, there is very little crime in the town. There is one area called Heritage Square that is less desirable than the rest of leesburg, it is mostly lower income. Some other neighborhoods in the LCHS district hat are very nice are Greenway, Woodlea, Rokeby farms, which are all upper middle class neighborhoods. If you are looking for townhouses there are several over by LCHS and there is a newer development called Oaklawn that has very nice townhouses.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:16 AM

9 posts, read 54,080 times
Thank you!! Yes, we definitely prefer Leesburg b/c as you said, it's its own entity more than Ashburn, which seems to be just a big sprawling area of homes. I'm sure Ashburn is great but I just love the actual city feel of Leesburg.

Old 08-09-2013, 10:01 AM

2,380 posts, read 4,525,684 times
Any SFH area of Leesburg will be safe and quite nearly crime-free. Foxrdige is where Mayor Umstattd lives, IIRC, and I think there's a community pool. There's no real "catch" to the cheaper homes in the 70s parts of Leesburg -- it's just that some folks have the $$$ to afford the larger homes in downtown, or they go for the newer places in "outer" Leesburg.

The only area of town that's really problematic is the "Golden Square" between Edwards Ferry, Plaza, the Bypass, and Market.

Old 08-09-2013, 10:58 AM

367 posts, read 886,390 times
we looked at a few SFHs in foxridge, I didn't not like the pipline driveway and the homes where pretty small and backing to 7 which is noisy, we bought in the subdivision next to oaklawn I like being in the SE side of leesburg for commuting reasons.

Oh the neighborhood did look nice though and the WOD is right there, different strokes.
The driving points for me was I prefer the SE side(easier to use 7 and the greenway\15 and my townhouse I bought is larger than the homes we seen and where newer. Had the SFH's in foxfridgehad a backyard larger than my townhouse I would have bought it but just like the new build in round hill these SFH's have the same backyard as TH's, GL

Old 08-09-2013, 11:15 AM

231 posts, read 577,115 times
I love that neighborhood! We would buy a house right there right now but we are working on our savings and plan to buy next year. I'm just really hoping there will be some homes for sale in foxridge next summer. I've driven through it many times and have done a lot of research on that area. It seems perfect. I honestly don't mind being close to a little noise (I'm in a townhome now). Good luck to you! If you move there maybe we will be neighbors next year

Old 08-10-2013, 07:47 PM

148 posts, read 297,583 times
We went to that neighborhood today as part of our tour with the realtor. It does seem nice and established, but the lots are really small and so are the houses. The one we looked at today backed the highway, so the road noise was an issue. But, it looks like people do take care of their yards, and so the overall neighborhood, while older, did have a nice feel to it.

We decided to pass on it, but that doesn't mean it won't be a good option for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia