Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 06:37 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,510,614 times

Advertisements

I used to drive out to Ashburn and on to Leesburg to shop and loved the country feel - just drove there today and boy have they crapped up the entire area - endless stores, homes, and massive traffic jams -

Wondering why the roads have been planned so badly for all the new construction?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2013, 07:14 PM

2,765 posts, read 8,334,284 times
Yesterday there was some event in Leesburg that was blocking off roads. I hate driving there as well.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:43 PM

531 posts, read 1,429,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRE332 View Post
Yesterday there was some event in Leesburg that was blocking off roads. I hate driving there as well.
Flower Garden Festival over the weekend

Old 04-22-2013, 01:13 AM

3 posts, read 4,062 times
All of NOVA is one big traffic jam! LoL

Old 04-22-2013, 06:14 AM

367 posts, read 885,270 times
The festival was nice, I have noticed traffic being a little worst for the past month, oh well it will only get worse when the 15 interchange replaces the sycolin lights, letting all the winchester and WV people come through without jamming them at a few stop lights first, so now 7 will be wrose until you get past ashburn...

Old 04-22-2013, 07:51 AM

2,380 posts, read 4,518,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
I used to drive out to Ashburn and on to Leesburg to shop and loved the country feel - just drove there today and boy have they crapped up the entire area - endless stores, homes, and massive traffic jams -

Wondering why the roads have been planned so badly for all the new construction?
How do you propose Loudoun handle the influx of newcomers? Complaining about 'how crowded it is' is common among people, many of whom are newcomers to VA, and who themselves live in sprawl-inducing SFHs.

We had a festival downtown -- which I enjoyed quite a bit -- and that probably affected traffic.

The closing off of Sycolin will gum up traffic to some extent at rush hour; during the rest of the day it is bearable.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:05 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,510,614 times
I am not a newcomer to lovely, wonderful NOVA - I have been here 7 miserable years but am finally moving!!! Yeah - outta here!

I dont know how Loudoun should handle the newcomers - I guess you cant really stop it - I am just saying I used to like it but not anymore - its gonna get as crowded as Fairfax is eventually -

Old 04-22-2013, 10:25 AM

267 posts, read 512,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post

Ashburn has gotten really bad, especially Waxpool Rd during rush hour. And at the rate they're throwing up housing its not going to get any better. I really don't know how the people who live there can stand it.

And the decision to have Waxpool, the Route 28 ramp, and the entrance to the super-busy Wegmans shopping center all converge at the same traffic light sure was a stroke of genius

Old 04-22-2013, 11:15 AM

979 posts, read 1,777,490 times
Yes, it's going to be just like Fairfax. That's the sprawl this area has been dealing with for many, many years. Fairfax didn't used to be like Fairfax, either...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPHokie View Post
And the decision to have Waxpool, the Route 28 ramp, and the entrance to the super-busy Wegmans shopping center all converge at the same traffic light sure was a stroke of genius
Ugh, getting over to the Wegmans entrance from Waxpool can be life-risking. I sometimes get on 28 south to go to Wegmans even if it would be shorter for me to just cross 28 via Church/Waxpool. Stupid.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:41 AM

2,986 posts, read 4,581,165 times
**** poor planning explains a lot of it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia