Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2010, 04:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,730 times

Advertisements

Considering a position in Falls Church VA. The salary is same as current salary in Sierra Vista AZ. but the cost of rentals in VA seems to be nearly double the AZ rental rates. This would be a show stopper for accepting the position unless I can find someone moving out of VA who needs to rent their home for a more resonable rate, until the housing market picks up.

If you know of anyone in need of renting their home near Falls Church to a mature, professional executive-level Defense Contractor, with excellent references and an obvious "low impact on rental property" life style, we would very much appreciate hearing about it.

We also have a home we had to rent out, in Spokane Wa, waiting for the market to improve. So we know how important it is to find renters who care about your property. We would also welcome inquiries from people moving to Spokane, looking for a 3 br 3 bath rental home with a lake view.

Please ask around and help us find a homeowner in Falls Church (or within 20 mi) who needs to rent their 2+ br home, to a low impact professional couple
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 08:33 AM

1,847 posts, read 3,730,870 times
I suggust you try MilitarybyOwner.com - Real Estate near U.S. Military Bases

It is a website that lots of military use to post their rentals and home sales. You don't have to be military to either post or rent. Select the state, then the location. For Falls Church I would select Pentagon or even Fort Belvoir.

You haven't indicated if schools are a concern or what sort of commute you can handle. That is huge here. And most "affordable" places around here that are in desirable area are towhhouses. Not common out west but very common here. Some of them can be quite large. And lots are actually newer than SFH.

As an example - a larger townhouse in my neighborhood with a 2 car garage goes for $2500 - $2700. A SFH in my neighborhood would start at $3000 and go up. Of course there are multiple options - 1 car garage, no car garage, end unit, etc that affect price.

It will be a good place to start to see decent pictures and get an idea of $$.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:36 AM

722 posts, read 1,924,562 times
I don't think I know of anyone renting out a home in that area--but it might help if you put out in $ exactly how much you think is "more reasonable"--and you might also want to look at how utilities will compare to Arizona and whether or not they are included in the rent. I know when we moved here from Southern Ca, the water bill was much smaller in comparison, but electric and gas were much larger.

Old 08-26-2010, 07:08 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,284,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoDConsultant View Post
Considering a position in Falls Church VA. The salary is same as current salary in Sierra Vista AZ. but the cost of rentals in VA seems to be nearly double the AZ rental rates. This would be a show stopper for accepting the position unless I can find someone moving out of VA who needs to rent their home for a more resonable rate, until the housing market picks up.

If you know of anyone in need of renting their home near Falls Church to a mature, professional executive-level Defense Contractor, with excellent references and an obvious "low impact on rental property" life style, we would very much appreciate hearing about it.

We also have a home we had to rent out, in Spokane Wa, waiting for the market to improve. So we know how important it is to find renters who care about your property. We would also welcome inquiries from people moving to Spokane, looking for a 3 br 3 bath rental home with a lake view.

Please ask around and help us find a homeowner in Falls Church (or within 20 mi) who needs to rent their 2+ br home, to a low impact professional couple
Living closer to DC and the metro always means higher rent, with no salary increase you will be hard pressed to find what you are looking for unless you are willing to go much further out. If you could give us a range that you are willing to pay it would help. Right now on militarybyowner.com there is a 2 bd, 1 bath condo for $1600 and a 900 sq ft SFH for $1600, everything else is above $2200, this is using Ft Belvoir as the base. If you were willing to live in Alexandria you might be able to find something less expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: