Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2010, 01:27 PM

1 posts, read 3,582 times

Advertisements

I am looking to buy a new home that is yet to be built from Pulte's Windermere community in Ashburn. The builder's salesperson - a very pleasant lady - said they don't negotiate on the price and I don't truly believe this.

I was wondering if anybody has success in negotiating with this builder at this community and what would you advice on the percentage I should ask below.

I am aware that most builders will not come down on the base price. If that is the case, did you have any success in adding options for a reduced price or for free.

I am planning to negotiate myself instead of engaging a realtor.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 04:47 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,327,712 times
I work for a team or Realtors who have negotiated deals with new home builders. If you are going it alone, my suggestion would be to get a contract made up and present what you would like and see where it goes from there. Many say they won't negotiate but they may. Go with knowledge though...new home sales are down so research the figures. And find comparables in the neighborhood.
Good luck! We are building a new home in another area and I personally wouldn't go without a realtor but that's just my preference.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:26 PM

3 posts, read 11,311 times
Hi,

I am also looking to buy a new construction from PULTE in the No VA area. I posted a thread asking folks for some feedback here.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/north...area-need.html

Can you please provide your thoughts as well ?

Old 08-31-2010, 09:09 PM

199 posts, read 673,393 times
I was looking at buying new home construction through Winchester Homes. They too said they don't negotiate, "since they don't build anything in to the price of their options". Yet they charge $1200 for 2 garage door openers. We ended up walking. A month ago, we drove through the community and saw the lot we were looking at still isn't sold, 5 months later. I emailed them to ask if they were interested in negoiating yet, and they still declined.

I agree that they won't come down on base price, as they don't want the home values to decrease.

I would also agree with getting a realtor. The realtor fee they do build into the price and if your realtor isn't getting it, their sales person is making that money in commission. But remember their intrest lies with the their employer, not you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia