Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 05:31 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,650,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
That's a great fastfood burger joint. I always heard 'Five Guys' was the equivalent on the East Coast...I tried it, and not even close, unfortunately. Although 'Five Guys' is probably the best of the fast food burger joints outside of the West Coast.

I'm surprised fastfood and great burger is in this thread though. Roadside diners always have the best real burgers out there. Like real mouth-watering fresh off a real grille with fresh beef.
I've never been able to try In-N-Out but I wonder why, recently, when the "national" results came out, (even on the news) Five Guys beat out In-N-Out. In-N-Out loyalists will say it doesn't even come close, have heard that before, but obviously someone else things they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 06:37 AM

147 posts, read 410,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I've never been able to try In-N-Out but I wonder why, recently, when the "national" results came out, (even on the news) Five Guys beat out In-N-Out. In-N-Out loyalists will say it doesn't even come close, have heard that before, but obviously someone else things they do.
Five Guys is in 40 states. In-N-Out is in four. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:04 AM

1,534 posts, read 3,723,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by persnicketygal View Post
Big Buns is in Arlington off Wilson? What are parking options around there? (Other than paying to park at Ballston.)
Street parking around Ballston or, as you suggested, a pay garage. If you go on the weekend, there is usually street parking around Taylor or Fairfax Dr. There's also parking at the Ballston Common mall. If you like hockey, you might want to check out the Caps practice schedule and maybe build a visit around that. Also suggest that you check out reviews through places like Yelp or Chowhound.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Now that they have franchised, I think Five Guys *really* varies from location to location. I tend to frequent the older locations and I find much more consistency. YMMV.

Old 10-10-2010, 04:51 PM

738 posts, read 2,956,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
I've always thought Foster's was head and shoulders above Five Guys and a few others. They started in Manassas and there are several around now. I saw one in Alexandria recently. Nice char grilled burger. I'm still dying to try Ray's.
I have to agree with you, I've found that I enjoy Foster's and eat there a lot more often than Five Guys. I still like Five Guys and am glad to see how well the company is doing nationwide now, but I always like Foster's a little bit more. I've got one down the road from work in Gainesville, and we have one close to home in Ashburn as well.

I tried In-n-Out burger last time I was out west in L.A., and I was somewhat disappointed in it (which is taboo to say in a lot of burger circles!). I was amazed at how cheap the prices were, but I found it to be very average. It was good, but I think our east coast brethren beats it out in that juicy, meaty burger department.

Old 10-10-2010, 04:54 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,070,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHokiesGo View Post
I tried In-n-Out burger last time I was out west in L.A., and I was somewhat disappointed in it (which is taboo to say in a lot of burger circles!). I was amazed at how cheap the prices were, but I found it to be very average. It was good, but I think our east coast brethren beats it out in that juicy, meaty burger department.
LOL, I so agree! I used to live in California and the hype you hear on the east coast about In-n-Out is ridiculous. It reminds me of the hype Coors used to have when you couldn't buy it on the east coast. I always thought In-n-Out was ok, but nothing special.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:00 PM

738 posts, read 2,956,082 times
Actually, I remembered a place we tried a few weeks ago in Reston Town Center: The Counter "Custom Built Burgers"
The Counter : Custom Built Burgers : Menu

Check out their menu, you can have dozens of different combinations! They're big and juicy burgers, and you can try some different sauces and toppings that you wouldn't normally think of for a burger. The burger meat itself was normal for a gourmet burger, but the sheer volume of toppings is what makes them unique and gives it a nice twist. I also liked their sweet potato fries, and have heard from friends that the "adult" milk shakes are tasty too.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:11 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,487,576 times
People really should cut down on fast food, America is too fat as it is. Haven't you ever seen "Supersize Me"?

Old 10-10-2010, 05:16 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,070,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHokiesGo View Post
Actually, I remembered a place we tried a few weeks ago in Reston Town Center: The Counter "Custom Built Burgers"

You and I must have similar taste buds, we love this place too!

Old 10-10-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
People really should cut down on fast food, America is too fat as it is. Haven't you ever seen "Supersize Me"?
Big Buns provides a salad option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia