Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 10:21 PM

172 posts, read 563,803 times

Advertisements

I've tried Five Guys burgers in NY, TX & several locations here. IMO - In-N-Out wins hands-down. I love their fries, too. We waited 7 yrs in TX for In-N-Out to expand, and they finally announce their TX expansion months after we move here. I'm so bummed - besides Whataburger, In-N-Out is my favorite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 10:58 PM

2,879 posts, read 7,776,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by persnicketygal View Post
No more Five Guys for me. It's a block away, but the stuff made me ill. Don't know whether it was the burger or the really greasy fries, but I'm betting on the fries. Either way, no more.

Big Buns is in Arlington off Wilson? What are parking options around there? (Other than paying to park at Ballston.)
I knew a 15 yo student working at Five Guys in Manassas. He was from El Salvador.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:29 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,948,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHokiesGo View Post
Actually, I remembered a place we tried a few weeks ago in Reston Town Center: The Counter "Custom Built Burgers"
The Counter : Custom Built Burgers : Menu

Check out their menu, you can have dozens of different combinations! They're big and juicy burgers, and you can try some different sauces and toppings that you wouldn't normally think of for a burger. The burger meat itself was normal for a gourmet burger, but the sheer volume of toppings is what makes them unique and gives it a nice twist. I also liked their sweet potato fries, and have heard from friends that the "adult" milk shakes are tasty too.
Wow! That sounds great! Can't wait to try it! Thanks so much for posting the information!

Old 10-11-2010, 01:55 PM

2,189 posts, read 3,314,866 times
Claire & Dons in Falls Church has good burgers. Really good fries too.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:44 PM

29 posts, read 129,569 times
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Fuddruckers. I've never been to the ones here in VA, but it was my favorite burger place back in Jersey.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:59 PM

8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancev View Post
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Fuddruckers. I've never been to the ones here in VA, but it was my favorite burger place back in Jersey.
I found a piece of gristle as large as my thumb once in a fudrucker burger. I mentioned and showed an employee the huge chunk of cartilage in which the reply was "how do I know you didn't put it there" I responded "where's the boss." the manager gladly took my plate with burger and fries and replaced the burger without my damn fries. Never went back.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:19 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times
I am not that enamored of In-N-Out Burger, but then again, I basically eat their fries, and the vegetarian option. However, some meat eaters in my family feel the same way about In-N-Out as it's fast food, albeit a cut above some of the larger chains.

For Big Buns, you can usually find parking on side streets off Wilson, if you don't want to park at the mall. It's sometimes easier to park on Quincy at the 12-hour meters, though you will have a couple of blocks to walk.

In Tysons Corner, Chef Geoff's would be well worth a visit. Anytime I have dined at any of their locations, and people have ordered a burger, there have not been complaints at all.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 10-11-2010, 11:54 PM

2,879 posts, read 7,776,857 times
I noticed a Sonic had closed down in Nogales, AZ. Are they in NoVa?

Old 10-12-2010, 02:13 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khuntrevor View Post
I noticed a Sonic had closed down in Nogales, AZ. Are they in NoVa?
A ways out. Closest one is in Winchester (or was that Front Royal? )

Old 10-12-2010, 06:13 AM

855 posts, read 1,172,614 times
This will sound strange BUT the best burger i have had in the NoVA/DC/MD area is the black angus burger at the Ritz Carlton in Georgetown. I know right? The Ritz? Yes, the Ritz!!! Better than any burger I've had around town. Not super greasy, perfectly fresh, and humongous. Pricey for some ($16) but comes with fries which were *okayyyy* IMO but the burger rocked my socks and was worth the price tag. I'm sure there are others just as good and cheaper but I have yet to find them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia