Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 11:18 PM

2,879 posts, read 7,776,857 times

Advertisements

I'm a 12.5 mens. You could go to every shopping mall in NoVa and not find one. Half of them will tell you they don't make them. I just call www.sneakerland.com in Van Nuys, CA. Shipping is usually free, sales tax is too. Best selection I have seen anywhere. I've been a customer for 9 years. But, yes you did say kids shoes, so that's the tricky part. Size is much more of a variable for the tykes. The sight may be a good price guide and source for what's out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 11:34 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,948,567 times
Just had a thought. You say that you have very painful feet. I am sorry to hear that, it must be awful. Is there any chance that your daughter is imitating you? Little girls love to pretend that they are grown up women. Any chance that your daughter thinks it sounds grown up to complain about her feet hurting? Just a thought.........

Old 10-26-2010, 04:50 AM

4,899 posts, read 7,441,179 times
I had one more small thought about Wilkins in Winchester. It is not a glitzy kind of shoe store like Nordstrom. It's in an old building and the alley back entrance isn't too fancy. But it's a really safe area and that alley has to be the busy alley in America!

Old 10-26-2010, 05:06 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,454,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denton56 View Post
Just had a thought. You say that you have very painful feet. I am sorry to hear that, it must be awful. Is there any chance that your daughter is imitating you? Little girls love to pretend that they are grown up women. Any chance that your daughter thinks it sounds grown up to complain about her feet hurting? Just a thought.........
yes I had considered this possibility (very astute of you!). So I am not taking her to the doctor, but I do want someone who will actually assure me we have the right size and shoe for her.

I have had plantar fasciitis for 18 months and literally every step is painful.

Old 10-26-2010, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
I had one more small thought about Wilkins in Winchester. It is not a glitzy kind of shoe store like Nordstrom. It's in an old building and the alley back entrance isn't too fancy. But it's a really safe area and that alley has to be the busy alley in America!
oh that's fine, I don't need a glitzy store, just some good shoes and someone who knows how to fit them. Thanks again for the tip...definitely gotta try to get down there, the question is when.

Old 10-26-2010, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arielmina View Post
oh that's fine, I don't need a glitzy store, just some good shoes and someone who knows how to fit them. Thanks again for the tip...definitely gotta try to get down there, the question is when.
I'm about 98% sure they are closed on Sunday.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:42 AM

1,529 posts, read 2,262,599 times
I know how you feel, shoe shopping has gotten to be like food shopping -- just take what you want and pay for it.

My family wanted really good quality walking/running shoes for a trip to Disneyland. We went to the Running Store in Gainesville and they evaluated our walk on a treadmill, asked us a ton of questions and spent over an hour with the 3 of us. I was stunned, I hadn't had that level of service at a retail establishment in years.

A bit of hike for you and they only have sneakers but keep it in mind

Old 10-26-2010, 09:05 AM

I went to a place like that in CT to get my sneakers and loved it...best pair of sneakers I've ever owned and they were almost 2 sizes bigger than my normal size so good thing I didn't try to buy them on my own!

Old 10-26-2010, 09:50 AM

486 posts, read 1,665,339 times
You can also try Kidz Shoe Revue in Centreville. 14200B Centreville Sq, Centreville, VA 20121
They are really helpful and keep a card of each child to monitor growth and change in their feet/shoes. The lady there was very helpful when we went and took a lot of time to look at my child's feet and see which pair of shoes fit her best. See their reviews online and you'll see others say the same thing.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:56 AM

Well, I'll keep plugging for Winchester!

There's a really nice hiking outdoor-type store on Cork Street called Mountain Trails Mountain Trails

You want running stuff? Got that covered, too Runners Retreat!

Never thought about it but I guess Winchester loves shoes! And, you'll get that "small town" service at each of them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia