Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2010, 08:45 AM

477 posts, read 736,938 times

Advertisements

Finally, looks like me and wife have decided to stay near Vienna metro.

I was trying to find some apartments or town homes. My wife is crazy about granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, community gym/pool. (Basically downside of moving from a SFH to apt)

We looked at Regents Park..it looked good but they don't have any 3BR.

I am checking at rent.com, apartments.com and apartmentshowcase.com.

So far nothing showed up around that area (<2 mile radius Vienna Metro)

Anyone has any other links or places to search apts or TH please let me know

we are willing to go upto $2300
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 09:09 AM

4,489 posts, read 10,947,289 times
Have you checked craigslist? I just did a search for 3 brs with keywords "vienna" and "metro", and a few popped up in your price range.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:32 AM

1,529 posts, read 2,265,055 times
Look for Oakton as well and various realtor sites.

www. realtor.com
www.longandfoster.com
www.weichert.com
militarybyowner.com

There are a bunch of TH's located off Blake/Jermantown which is an easy drive to the Vienna metro

Old 11-10-2010, 12:09 PM

477 posts, read 736,938 times
we will be renting at Regents Park. 2BR/2BA on a short term lease for now. So that will endup in Marshal's elementary. I was looking at FCPS profiles of many schools, but couldn't really makeup which is good/bad (which has always been a contentious issue unless a school is really-really-really bad)

So I guess/hope, we made a decent decision. So now to the next step..getting ready for the move.(another thread for mover suggestions )

Old 11-10-2010, 01:49 PM

9,779 posts, read 15,793,171 times
Marshall Road Elementary is a fine elementary school. It doesn't score as highly as some of the other schools in Vienna but isn't the lowest either. It gets some students from apartments on the other side of I-66 in Fairfax and is also a receiving school for special needs students from other elementary schools. These two factors may contribute to slightly lower test scores than at other Vienna schools. I know many people whose children go to this school, and they are all happy there. They used to have a not so popular principal a few years back, but got a new one 3 or 4 years ago who seems to make the parents happier. The one negative for Marshall Road is the location as it fronts a very busy road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia