Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2010, 09:30 AM

3 posts, read 10,044 times

Advertisements

New to the area and would love to hear suggestions for fun things a one year old boy can do in the area.

Thank you very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 10:19 AM

696 posts, read 1,695,395 times
I always recommend this site to new moms in the area. It's been a HUGE help to us! Our Kids Activities and Resources - Your Link to Family Fun -
It doesn't cost much to subscribe for a year (I have no affiliation with them, just a great site). HTH and welcome!

Old 12-12-2010, 10:27 AM

2,309 posts, read 2,317,959 times
Which area are you in? Here in Loudoun County

Dulles Town Center mall has a train to ride ($1.50 per ride) and a merry-go-round which is about the same price. It also has a little play structure on the second floor.

There are lots of parks...Claude Moore has all sorts of different activities. It has the heritage farm as well. Ashburn has 2 or 3 parks such as dinosaur park and trailside. There is a cute little play structure right across from the Dulles Town Center...If anyone knows the name, share!

MOMS Clubs are great to join. I know the one I used to belong to (before we moved) in Ashburn had about 3 or 4 activities per week...and they have play groups according to age.

MOPS is another good place to find acitivties and some things for both you and your child.

Hope this helps!

Old 12-12-2010, 11:59 AM

3 posts, read 10,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmma View Post
Which area are you in? Here in Loudoun County

Dulles Town Center mall has a train to ride ($1.50 per ride) and a merry-go-round which is about the same price. It also has a little play structure on the second floor.

There are lots of parks...Claude Moore has all sorts of different activities. It has the heritage farm as well. Ashburn has 2 or 3 parks such as dinosaur park and trailside. There is a cute little play structure right across from the Dulles Town Center...If anyone knows the name, share!

MOMS Clubs are great to join. I know the one I used to belong to (before we moved) in Ashburn had about 3 or 4 activities per week...and they have play groups according to age.

MOPS is another good place to find acitivties and some things for both you and your child.

Hope this helps!
We are in Alexandria. Thanks for your all your help!!! It's actually his first birthday this week and we were thinking about fun birthday ideas in the area.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:18 PM

17,402 posts, read 16,547,378 times
The ice sculptures at the Gaylord across the river at National Harbor would be fun. My kids are older, but I've been meaning to take them over there.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:35 PM

50 posts, read 131,456 times
When he's a little older, you'll want to check out the Building Zone at the National Building Museum. It's recommended for 2-6 year olds - Building Zone We went with some friends to the musuem a couple years ago and their son had a lot of fun.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:27 PM

2,612 posts, read 5,587,780 times
my list of stuff to do:
county rec centers - classes, open playrooms, nice indoor pools, bday parties
my gym, various locations, bday parties
festival of lights, bull run (xmas time)
at play cafe, reston
kids in motion, woodbridge
playseum, bethesda
local high schools - musicals for tots this time of year
soccer tots and lil sluggers - various locations
warmer months - county rec centers; frying pan park; water parks; burke lake park (train, carousel)

Old 12-17-2010, 07:43 AM

166 posts, read 363,093 times
here are a few other helpful sites: DullesMoms.com and Happy Holidays- PWC Moms 2010 and if you don't mind venturing a little to the west, check out these: Welcome to The Valley Revue! and Child Guide Magazine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia