Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 01:58 PM

141 posts, read 756,004 times

Advertisements

Dingler, I am sorry to sound redundant, but someone suggested areas that ares zoned to West Springfield is okay.. Zip code 22151 is north springfield, and zip code 22153 is south springfield? Now, I googled it but was unable to tell which zip codes refer to which locations in springfield.

I would rather not live in an area that has 10-20 people to a home, no matter what their ethnic background is..Will I have that problem in zip code 22153 in Springfield?

As a matter of fact, because of the Washington post article, my husband has been encouraging us to stay away from Springfield...

However, I really loved the homes in the 22153 zip code...
Is that considered north, south, or west springfield..
Is zip code 22153 okay? Thanks again for your help

We loved the following communities: Saratoga, Bonniemill Acres, Lakewood Hills, Spring Forest, North Springfield Park, Burgoyne Forest West, Burgoyne Forest West, Springfield - Terra Grande, Newington Woods West, Springfield - Middle Valley, Knolls At Middle Run.
Good Springfield or bad Springfield?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2007, 02:13 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,685,694 times
MoveFromFla, to my superficial knowledge those areas would not be a problem and are, in fact, very nice. One way to make an assessment would be to go later in the evening or very early in the morning and look at the number of cars. Many middle-class families might have three or even more cars because they have teenagers. However, an overcrowded house is usually fairly obvious because they have an excessive number of cars driven by adults. Some of them even have large parts of the yard paved over into what is practically a parking lot. If you see a lot of that sort of thing on a particular street it may indicate a problem area.

Most of the current Fairfax County supervisors have ignored this problem and are now trying to play catch-up since it has become a major election year issue. However, it hasn't spread to all neighborhoods yet so as long as you are observant of the areas you look at, you should be very happy in your new neighborhood. Springfield is a very nice community overall.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:15 PM

Thank you!!!

Old 07-31-2007, 02:50 PM

1,261 posts, read 6,106,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovefromFla View Post
However, I really loved the homes in the 22153 zip code...
Is that considered north, south, or west springfield..
Is zip code 22153 okay? Thanks again for your help

We loved the following communities: Saratoga, Bonniemill Acres, Lakewood Hills, Spring Forest, North Springfield Park, Burgoyne Forest West, Burgoyne Forest West, Springfield - Terra Grande, Newington Woods West, Springfield - Middle Valley, Knolls At Middle Run.
Good Springfield or bad Springfield?
I don't like to generalize because any community can have a mix, but to answer your questions, some of the neighborhoods you list are in the more desirable schools of Springfield and the others are not. I believe that technically 22152 is West Springfield; however, 22153 has a mix. If you like a house and the neighborhood and your school is West Springfield HS, you should be fine.

Old 07-31-2007, 05:14 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,579,950 times
The overcrowded residence cited in the Washington Post article is located near the Springfield Mall. It's a very busy area with automobile dealerships, strip malls, and warehouse offices. I don't think that the communities that you mentioned are in that vicinity. In Herndon, most day laborers seem to live fairly close to the main commercial street as they can be seen milling around the convenience stores, supermarkets, and gas stations at all times of day and night.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:51 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,506,760 times
Dingler - I hate to be un-PC but I notice that Asians usually live in safe, upscale neighborhoods. If I see Asians living nearby I know I am in a good area - parts of Annandale are beautiful but very expensive
I am referring to established Asians with professional jobs.

Old 08-08-2007, 05:47 PM

20 posts, read 60,775 times
We are a family with young children that just moved from South Florida to NOVA in June. We bought a SFH in 22152 and are very happy with our choice. With such a short distance to DC, we are quite pleased with the quiet-homey feel we've found in West Springfield. We've enrolled both of our children in public schools here in Fairfax County which are among the best in the country. We did look in 22153 but chose this area due to the easier commute to DC.

Good luck!

Old 08-09-2007, 09:21 AM

71 posts, read 316,463 times
Default Why Realtors Don't Advise on Neighborhoods

The reason realtors won't tell someone a neighborhood is good or bad or whatever is not just because it's illegal to do so. It's also because what may be good to one is bad to another. If I tell a client that the school is terrific. They offer this and that and all these things. They buy upon my recommendation of the school. When their child goes to school, they find that the school doesn't offer a Mandarin Chinese classes. Therefore, to them, the school is not terrific. A good realtor will guide clients to where the information is. It's up to the client to determine if an area is good or bad. If you're concerned about demographics, look to where houses are being built and where commercial/retail is being built.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks5967 View Post
We are a family with young children that just moved from South Florida to NOVA in June. We bought a SFH in 22152 and are very happy with our choice. With such a short distance to DC, we are quite pleased with the quiet-homey feel we've found in West Springfield. We've enrolled both of our children in public schools here in Fairfax County which are among the best in the country. We did look in 22153 but chose this area due to the easier commute to DC.

Good luck!

Thank you so much...

Old 08-30-2007, 07:50 PM

2 posts, read 8,719 times
Any info about woodbridge are there any traffic to alexandria? pls help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia