Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 08:15 AM

84 posts, read 215,611 times

Advertisements

As much as I miss FIOS, I prefer Cox for they have better customer service. Verizon customer service sucks, they employ technicians, who don't know what they are doing, and their supervisors are not better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 07:57 AM

2 posts, read 6,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tongyang View Post
This is absolutely not true. In fact you can look at their sign up page and they have pricing for internet only service:

Fastest Internet Plans | FiOS Quantum Internet | Verizon
Correction: If you sign a 2-year contract, they only offer bundled service.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,723 times
Here's all I'll say. I am currently switching from FiOS to Cox.

FiOS's "exemplary fiber optic internet!" comes with a price. A very high price. Along with the customer service that everyone has already stated, you have to go for their $69.99 internet plan. Their services just sap your money. Want HBO? Fine we'll give it to you for free for 1 month! Then they charge.

Cox on the other hand, has about the same stuff as the cheapest plan you can get on Verizon. Sure, lacks some useless channels but the internet is about the same. Customer service; great.

Conclusion: If you are a millionaire and are looking for the fastest internet in the world, Verizon. If you are an average person looking for cheap, yet fast in-home wifi, go Cox.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:31 PM

5,759 posts, read 10,739,644 times
Just locked in 2 years of Fios TV and internet for a total--including taxes--of just under $100/month. Hope I got a good deal.

I see these promotions Comcast has, but they all are good for only 6 months, and then the price goes way up.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:55 PM

60 posts, read 164,979 times
They are priced about the same. Verizon's FIOS service is better. Neither are cheap. Look for an appropriate bundle.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:38 PM

2 posts, read 3,233 times
We are considering switching from Cox to Verizon for TV and internet connections. We already have our phone service with Verizon. After reading all the previous comments, I am somewhat apprehensive. We would be putting all of our eggs in one basket, but the savings would be well worth it. Any suggestions??

Old 12-16-2013, 08:39 PM

2 posts, read 3,233 times
We are considering switching from Cox to Verizon for TV and internet connections. We already have our phone service with Verizon. After reading all the previous comments, I am somewhat apprehensive. We would be putting all of our eggs in one basket, but the savings would be well worth it. Any suggestions???

Old 12-17-2013, 04:00 AM

33 posts, read 46,632 times
We have Verizon just for phone and internet and we're neighbors in South Riding. We cut the cord with cable, because we saw our bill skyrocket for 500 channels of crap. I suggest getting Roku and a regular tv/HD antennea for at home.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:16 PM

564 posts, read 1,495,804 times
Verizon really irritated me last week. My internet was out for 5 days after the ice storm. Now I understand its a weather event but come on...its not like there was widespread damage. They should be able to get things back up and running faster than that after a minor weather disruption. My power was back faster after the derecho. It was a major inconvenience not being able to get online for work issues and whatnot all week. And then there is the whole story of how they completely screwed up my service ticket and majorly inconvenienced me on the day they were supposed to show for a repair. It would take too long to explain all the details but essentially the tech finally showed up 5.5 hrs after the promised window.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:11 AM

47 posts, read 78,148 times
I had FIOS when we lived in Falls Church and Silver Spring and Cox now in Annandale (4.5 yrs). We do the typical streaming and web surfing and I haven't noticed any difference in speed from one company to the other. Perhaps heavier users would notice a difference? Cox customer service is hands down better. They answer the phone quickly, you speak to a human being, and they actually fix issues. Their tech show up during the window and actually fix the issue. But the real reason why I keep Cox? I don't need to pay for a box on each TV we hook up. We have 2 tvs that we use reguarly and want the box so we can use on demand. We have another 3 that get less frequent use (workout room, guest room, master bedroom) and I don't want to pay the cost for boxes there. If it's a HD tv hooked up directly to the jack, you'll see TV in HD. It's awesome. Costs are about the same for FIOS vs. Cox for the service we have. Verizon's customer service is so terrible I can't bring myself to deal with them again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia