Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2011, 02:44 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,868,630 times

Advertisements

Is there parking near by and how long will it take me to get there(traffic/parking) to be in the building at 9:40 from South Glebe and 395 in Arlington.
Would I be better off to take Metro from Braddock Station? I could walk to bus stop to take me to that station.
Trying to avoid walking as much as possible, my bad ankle has been acting up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 03:09 PM

Google has me walking 5 minutes to bus stop taking bus then walking 5 minutes to Pentagon Station than getting off and walking another 5 minutes to where I have to go, a fifty some minute trip, driving should take a lot less time if there is parking. What time in the morning can you get on 395 without passangers in the car?

Old 06-06-2011, 03:24 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,894,788 times
I don't know what time it fills up. You should ask in the [URL="https://www.city-data.com/forum/washington-dc/"]DC Forum[/URL].

[url=http://www.unionstationdc.com/parking]Union Station :: Washington, DC :: Parking Information[/url]

If you are there to see your Rep. for specific business, you should phone his office about a daypass in their lots, if available. I don't know if they do that nowadays

I catch the RedLine and get off at Union Station and walk- not too hilly. You can also walk from Capitol South on the Orange line.

Capitol South generally has more out escalators than Union Station. Though you will probably walk down the escalator, there is usually an up one working.

As with all Metro trips, keep extra time for single tracking and offloading due to things like the failing 4000 series cars.

Have fun!

Old 06-06-2011, 03:58 PM

5,759 posts, read 10,727,487 times
To answer your questions:

No.

Give yourself at least 1.5 hours, including going through security.

Yes.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:05 PM

384 posts, read 1,029,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
Is there parking near by and how long will it take me to get there(traffic/parking) to be in the building at 9:40 from South Glebe and 395 in Arlington.
Would I be better off to take Metro from Braddock Station? I could walk to bus stop to take me to that station.
Trying to avoid walking as much as possible, my bad ankle has been acting up
There is on street public parking on C and 3rd street SW but it fills up by 8 AM on the weekday. It is really limited especially with the construction.

There is a public parking garage by Federal Center SW (Design Center) but the daily parking spaces fills up occasionally. There are additional garages by NASA but I haven't parked over there before. That would be about a 15-20 minute walk from these garages. Just FYI, I found it very tough to catch a cab in this neighborhood.

I sometimes drive/carpool from that part of 395 to the Capitol and it takes me roughly 25 minutes and I leave around 7 AM in the morning. It will take longer if you leave later in the morning.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:52 AM

5,759 posts, read 10,727,487 times
I think you should take a cab to the Metro station near you and then exit Capitol South (orange and blue lines), which is about two blocks from Rayburn. By far your most dependable option.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:04 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,482,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlingtonian View Post
I think you should take a cab to the Metro station near you and then exit Capitol South (orange and blue lines), which is about two blocks from Rayburn. By far your most dependable option.
Agree...with the "by far" part perhaps especially. With all the whining that the chronic whiners do, your chances of being a passenger delayed by a problem on Metro are on the order of one in fifty.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:18 PM

Thanks for all the help, took the Dash 3 to Braddock Station from Russell Rd in Alexandria at about 8:05.
Metro had a delay on the way to for 5-10 minutes, I was in the building around 9:25
So Carligtonian's advice to allow an 1.5 hr. worked out pretty good, I did not want to be late for our meeting with Representative Jim Moran.
If anyone was wondering what our meeting was about you can visit my blog
SOA Watch Virginia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia