Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 11:34 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,488,635 times

Advertisements

Are there any places around here that buys used furniture and picks them up at your house? I'm talking like beds, sofas, dining table, coffee tables, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 11:46 AM

1,570 posts, read 4,617,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
Are there any places around here that buys used furniture and picks them up at your house? I'm talking like beds, sofas, dining table, coffee tables, etc.
Post on Craigslist, and put must pick up on it. I have had great success with it over the years.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:53 PM

How do you screen potential buyers?

Old 06-20-2011, 01:11 PM

4,489 posts, read 10,943,609 times
Quote:
How do you screen potential buyers?
Screen for what? Just require cash & carry, no holding, first come first served.

If you're worried about wackos coming to your house, there's really no way to screen for that, but I've bought and sold hundreds of things on Craigslist without issue.

Old 06-20-2011, 02:22 PM

1,570 posts, read 4,617,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
Screen for what? Just require cash & carry, no holding, first come first served.

If you're worried about wackos coming to your house, there's really no way to screen for that, but I've bought and sold hundreds of things on Craigslist without issue.
I agree.. I mean sometimes you have to take chances. Just make sure you have someone else present with you at the time and if you dont want them in your home have the merchandise already outside waiting for them. Most of the people looking for things on CL are not wackos unless you go into the romance section.

Old 06-20-2011, 06:56 PM

172 posts, read 563,921 times
We've had great success w/Craigslist, also. Just beware of a few scammers out there. We received an email response from a lady who supposedly lived out of state, but was moving to the area. She proposed to send us a check for $200 over the amount of the sales price to cover any "inconveniences" for holding the furniture for her and requested it be "deposited" right away (haha). Of course, we Googled the email address and found hundreds of complaints being scammed by these people. For the most part, however, we've had good luck selling our stuff

Old 06-21-2011, 10:21 AM

Thanks for the advice

Old 06-21-2011, 10:54 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,599,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur~de~lis View Post
We've had great success w/Craigslist, also. Just beware of a few scammers out there. We received an email response from a lady who supposedly lived out of state, but was moving to the area. She proposed to send us a check for $200 over the amount of the sales price to cover any "inconveniences" for holding the furniture for her and requested it be "deposited" right away (haha). Of course, we Googled the email address and found hundreds of complaints being scammed by these people. For the most part, however, we've had good luck selling our stuff
that's a pretty general scam everywhere now, not just craigslist. Moral of the story, get cold hard cash in person, and too bad so sad for anyone else.

Old 06-21-2011, 02:48 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,429,870 times
Quote:
Another idea besides Craigslist, if you have quality furniture is Upscale, Resale, Upscale Resale Although when I just pulled up their website, it says they've closed their location but are taking consignments for cash. I've never bought or sold anything through them but have enjoyed walking through their store. Hope they open again soon and at a place I can get to.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:21 AM

1 posts, read 21,688 times
Quote:
Looking for someone that will buy/pick my old furniture today!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia