Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 01:16 PM

2,090 posts, read 4,256,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiaLimaDelta View Post
Was it "Fairfax County Water Auth NC"?
It only indicates Fairfax County Water Authority.

But the website Fairfax Water indicates:

Please use this address to remit your payments:
[LEFT]Fairfax Water
PO Box 71076
Charlotte, NC 28272-1076[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 01:17 PM

2,090 posts, read 4,256,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sullyguy View Post
That one costs, too - the only "free" methods are letting FCWA debit your account or paying them straight up witha check or cash.
My bank's online is free.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:20 PM

1,403 posts, read 2,154,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JfromReston View Post
My bank's online is free.
As is mine.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:30 PM

1,256 posts, read 4,202,471 times
Quote:
As is mine.
Read FCWA's web pages, not your bank's...

Old 08-19-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullyguy View Post
Read FCWA's web pages, not your bank's...
My bank's online bill pay system is free. Meaning, once I select FCWA or put in an address for it, I can authorize payments to FCWA at my choosing, online, for free. Basically, it's a check-sending service that is online and free (no stamp costs).

Old 08-19-2011, 01:44 PM

1,256 posts, read 4,202,471 times
Oh, okay, I thought it (tried to) use direct payment to FCWA ala the online payment FCWA mentions which has a fee.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:06 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,243,048 times
It looks as if Virginia American Water (for Alexandria) has improved their online service options with their "My H2O" site, but about a year ago my option to pay a bill at the last minute was either pay a fee for telephone bill payment, or drive to a check cashing business in Springfield that was a payment center for them.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:09 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,243,048 times
Quote:
My bank's online bill pay system is free. Meaning, once I select FCWA or put in an address for it, I can authorize payments to FCWA at my choosing, online, for free. Basically, it's a check-sending service that is online and free (no stamp costs).
I use BoA for some bill payment. But one thing irritates me - I used it today to set up a payment, and the earliest processing day was Aug 23rd. I don't understand why, with electronic banking that doesn't require a teller in a bank building to do the work, and it's just bits of zeros and ones flying around between institutions, that there is such a delay.

Old 08-19-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
I use BoA for some bill payment. But one thing irritates me - I used it today to set up a payment, and the earliest processing day was Aug 23rd. I don't understand why, with electronic banking that doesn't require a teller in a bank building to do the work, and it's just bits of zeros and ones flying around between institutions, that there is such a delay.
With BoA Billy Pay, there appear to be two types of institutions that can receive payments from BoA. A select number seem to have a more involved relationshiop with the Bill Pay system and can take electronic payments immediately (they may also be able to issue "E-billing" through BoA). For the rest, I believe BoA sends out printed checks. That usually takes 3-4 days.

The goofy thing about BoA Bill Pay is that, whether or not the intended recipient actually received the payment, the system debits one's account on the date of the draw.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:46 PM

199 posts, read 673,364 times
I believe this is the case with most online bill pay services. If the biller is set up to recieve ACH payments, then they can be completely electronic transactions. For billers who don't, then they just print and mail a check.

It never cost me extra to do this with FFX Water when I used to live in FFX Co.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia