Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 01:23 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,953,543 times

Advertisements

I know how it feels, having someone from your area that has fallen a bit beneath public standards.

John Edwards was a senator from my home state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalGuy61 View Post
Why all the hate? What did these two do to any of you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2011, 01:47 PM

948 posts, read 1,407,467 times
Quote:
Rep point to Normie for the great lyrics to finish the ballad.

I don't particularly hate the Salahi's, but they are the worst examples of noveau rich I've ever heard of. There was an in-depth Washington Post article shortly after their White House party crashing about how many hard-working average citizens they stiffed out of payment for work done. They had more than 30 such lawsuits filed against them in Virginia and Maryland. If you want to read the article, it's here:

The party crashers: A trail of accusations leads to Tareq and Michaele Salahi

This paragraph from the Post article says it all:

"The court cases and interviews show that they convinced one person and company after another to chauffeur them, pamper them, provide designer dresses, food or entertainment -- then left them holding the bill. When challenged they sometimes countersued."

The average 19-year-old Marine or Army infantryman fighting in Afghanistan has more character than that pair of poseurs could ever hope to accumulate in a lifetime.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:49 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,156,456 times
Quote:
I can't speak for anyone else, but I know people who are suing them for reneging on agreements. One girl paid them $300 for a wine tour graduation party. The Salahi's canceled at the last minute and refused to refund the deposit. Apparently they were also arrogant about it, a sort of a "well you should have known what you were getting into, we have a reputation, so go ahead and sue. We've got a dozen suits before yours" type of attitude.

They regularly stiff local businesses and anyone who does work for them, and they're also famous for failing to show up in court. If you live out in Loudoun it doesn't take long to learn that the local think they're bad news.

Old 08-21-2011, 02:01 PM

1,295 posts, read 2,516,013 times
Good riddance.

Old 08-21-2011, 03:16 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,025,592 times
Quote:
My dislike for them is actually growing after learning about all those lawsuits, yikes!

But before that, I personally dislike individuals who clearly have nothing to contribute to society but yet they continue to keep themselves in the media by doing silly things. If you want to have a Hollywood career, fine, but by all means don't do it by trying to make a name off of lying about who you really are. I do blame the media too. I just don't see how you can be a celebrity for lying about who you really are and people know you're lying! It just seems silly. And then when they got on that Housewives show and people realized how boring they were it just further proved that their 15 minutes was up.

Old 08-21-2011, 03:25 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,156,456 times
Hollywood's a much better place for them. They can compete for attention with Charlie Sheehan, and drive around drunk with Paris and Lindsey.

Old 08-21-2011, 03:42 PM

384 posts, read 1,031,508 times
Quote:
They crashed a state dinner and jeopardized the President's safety. That isn't OK in my book.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:10 PM

1,570 posts, read 4,629,345 times
Quote:
it is what they did to so many others..

Old 08-22-2011, 12:42 AM

1,652 posts, read 3,888,975 times
Ignoring these guys is probably the worst possible punishment you could give them.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:08 AM

2,380 posts, read 4,526,158 times
Not so much the party-crashing thing. It's the 'not paying people' thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia