Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2011, 09:11 PM

4 posts, read 5,627 times

Advertisements

I want to know how bad the traffic is when your commuting within Prince William County. I know traffic into DC is horrendous but if I work in Prince William and live somewhere on the other end of the county, will I still deal with major traffic? What is the best day to take the family into DC to enjoy the Zoo and its many Museums?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2011, 09:17 PM

4,437 posts, read 8,132,491 times
I live in Woodbridge and commute to Manassas regularly. Piece of cake commute 8)

Now if you live on the Western end and work on the Eastern end, you may have to deal with some of the traffic from folks just getting to the highways.

Old 08-21-2011, 02:41 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,245,563 times
The commute within PWC is easy compared to those leaving the county to go inside the beltway. You'll have some backups such as PW Parkway and Hoadly but for the most part not a big deal.

Your DC question may get better responses on the DC forum

Old 08-21-2011, 07:35 AM

4 posts, read 5,627 times
Sounds good Im thinking about going to check out the area for a possible move but all I ever heard was how bad traffic is.

Old 08-21-2011, 09:48 AM

384 posts, read 1,029,507 times
Default I love the National Zoo!

During warm weather months, the best time to go to the Zoo is during the week and the earlier the better. It gets really crowded during the weekend. Unfortunately, you will have to contend with rush hour traffic if you do this. If you go on the weekend, prepare for crowds so go early.

The Smithsonian museums are typically packed during the summer, spring break, and weekends. Attendance is lighter during the winter, except for spring break and cherry blossom time.

If you are visiting DC for the first time, I highly recommend going during the fall on a weekday. The traffic may be intense but it is really enjoyable to visit the National Mall and museums when the weather is cooler and the crowds are somewhat lighter.

Old 08-21-2011, 08:04 PM

9,779 posts, read 15,793,171 times
To me, the best time to go to the zoo is in the off season. Summer is hot and crowded. Winter is quiet with few crowds.

Old 08-22-2011, 03:38 AM

1,558 posts, read 3,857,922 times
I don't think PW is super bad for traffic. It really isn't any different than most other areas. Now, getting from Centreville to Manassas at 7pm last night - ludicrous. Why is it that I always hit every darn light in Centreville. I can make it to Arlington quicker !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia